Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Earth - Street View

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Cul a cnoic

It's back. The red Astra Google car went through Annagry at lunchtime today. Fog was bad here so I doubt it got any work done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Saw it at ballintra at noon today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

he can only work in good weather so he must be making the most of it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Was in Raphoe 17th January

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

This thread bump got my hopes up, though someone was going to report that street view was on-line:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

Snub wrote: »
    This thread bump got my hopes up, though someone was going to report that street view was on-line:(

Me too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

You can see the hills of Donegal on Streetview.

You have to go to Derry though. They've done the Mussenden Temple, Downhill as part of a National Trust series, as well as the main A6 Belfast to Derry route as far as Tesco in Lisnagelvin.

I presume these were recorded last summer so we might get on sometime this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

New update on Google Earth today, no street view yet but quite a bit of Donegal has been updated. Still plenty of cloud, even on the updates :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭md23040

Brillant 12 square km's added to the Finn Valley - Just spotted my in-laws house in Stranorlar ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

md23040 wrote: »
    Brillant 12 square km's added to the Finn Valley - Just spotted my in-laws house in Stranorlar ;)
    No need for that. I wish to preserve my anonymity :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭donegalboy

smashey wrote: »
    I've been looking into this tonight. Check your PMs. ;)

No PM here... whats the story?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

Street View now has my street... in Finland :D:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Aligator Farmer

Some streetview around Coleraine, you can look across at Malin Head from the point road.

The bit around the Twin towns area that has been updated is a bit on the dark side and again lots of clouds obscuring some of the detail not to mention the fact that the images must have been taken well over 5 years ago.

Better using the OSI map viewer which is a lot clearer and more up to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

donegalboy wrote: »
    No PM here... whats the story?!?
    That was a PM to inode about a certain newspaper lifting pictures from here and what he was entitled to.

Some streetview around Coleraine, you can look across at Malin Head from the point road.

You can get a closer view now of Greencastle from Magilligan.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Cul a cnoic

muffler wrote: »
    The bit around the Twin towns area that has been updated is a bit on the dark side and again lots of clouds obscuring some of the detail not to mention the fact that the images must have been taken well over 5 years ago.

The Annagry area has been updated and the image can only be few months old. There is a new house not far me here that was only started during the summer and Google Earth is showing it roofed.

Before it was just annoying that Donegal wasn't covered, not its getting on my wick. I just bought an iphone and wanted to use it for GPS on the golf course, but every single program uses Google maps to "map" the course:mad:

I can just see it now.... "the gps told me to use a 5 iron and hit it to the left... " :):):)

• Advertisement

muffler wrote: »

A bit dark?! They must have got a special rate for images taken in the middle of the night!!!

irish1967 wrote: »
    I can just see it now.... "the gps told me to use a 5 iron and hit it to the left... " :):):)

Yep, google makes me crap at golf:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

The Google Street View car is still in Donegal.
    Seen him in Letterkenny last week.
    He's been here since before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

mrmac wrote: »
    The Google Street View car is still in Donegal.
    Seen him in Letterkenny last week.
    He's been here since before Christmas.

i was on my way to kilmacrennan last saturday morning and seen the car commingout of a B&B, on the left about 1/4 mile from the new roundabout at the mountain top.

side note, search for this address then click street view.
    39 rugdeveien, bergen

somebody doesn't like the car

i was on my way to kilmacrennan last saturday morning and seen the car commingout of a B&B, on the left about 1/4 mile from the new roundabout at the mountain top.

side note, search for this address then click street view.
    39 rugdeveien, bergen

somebody doesn't like the car
    Yip. Rough crowd alright.

ScreenHunter_01_Feb_12_1236.gif

Wonder if they have been to St. Johnston yet? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Aligator Farmer

Looks like streetview on google maps has been updated now to cover all of NI.

Looks like streetview on google maps has been updated now to cover all of NI.

They've just crept over the border as well :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Domscard

sesswhat wrote: »
    They've just crept over the border as well :D

That looks fantastic! I'd swear my car is in that picture - path worn to Asda I suppose :D

I thought they blanked out names. Seem to have missed a very large election banner on Lifford Bridge :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

was chatting to the google car driver earlier he says it will be another 6 months till Donegal is online

Advertisement