Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Earth - Street View

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

What the hell was he going up to the mountains for in that snow! :eek:
    Hope it was the Google tractor he was driving!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,383 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

noticed they went up the lanagh more, the unsurfaced bog road over from lough eske, bet he got a shock when it sent him over that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

noticed they went up the lanagh more, the unsurfaced bog road over from lough eske, bet he got a shock when it sent him over that

Linky??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

I was standing outside A&E at Letterkenny General Hospital on Saturday evening when I saw what I thought was the Google Earth Street View car driving down towards the Hospital roundabout.

Anyone else see it or was I hallucinating?

Well OP were you in the pic of that first post over a year ago ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

Don't think so, but the wee smokers hut outside A&E is a bit from the camera and hard to make out who's about. There's someone there with a black top on though. Guess I'm not as close to the car as yer man who mooned it in Dublin :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Guess I'm not as close to the car as yer man who mooned it in Dublin :eek:
    Thank God (for someone here) that car/camera wasn't around the Diamond in Donegal Town some years ago ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I see highland motors have taken over St Conals :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

will the bits that aren't up online ever go up? around Rathmullen is blank...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭inode

He told me he is still going about fixing bits he missed!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

There must be serious mileage (kilometerage?) on that car!

So when every street is covered, do they go back to the very start to capture development, new roads etc.?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

So when every street is covered, do they go back to the very start to capture development, new roads etc.?
    Something I had wondered also.

byte wrote: »
    There must be serious mileage (kilometerage?) on that car!

can imagine the ad in dealer after car for sale one carfuul owner, never over 40 mph

• Registered Users Posts: 14,383 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

danniemcq wrote: »
    will the bits that aren't up online ever go up? around Rathmullen is blank...

thats just how it is :D
    sorry shouldnt say that seeing as we were up there yesterday blocking the roads cycling

danniemcq wrote: »
    can imagine the ad in dealer after car for sale one carfuul owner, never over 40 mph

think it goes over 40mph it overtook me and i followed it all the way from ballybofey to donegal town yesterday and it was definitely doing over 40 mph

thats just how it is :D
    sorry shouldnt say that seeing as we were up there yesterday blocking the roads cycling

hey wait a minute there is ummmmmmm a ..... yeah never mind

think it goes over 40mph it overtook me and i followed it all the way from ballybofey to donegal town yesterday and it was definitely doing over 40 mph

explains why some of the shots are a bit blurred at the edges!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

Saw the Google car again yesterday, about 3-4 miles South of Letterkenny.
    Fine tuning Street View?

Maybe it will do the main road to Lifford in daylight this time.

• Advertisement

he was filling in places missed etc but as far as i know the google guy is finished up now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

I see they went all the way to Port which is a hell of a drive, but not to Slaibh Liag:confused:

Passed him in barnesmore gap at 9.30 am this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

Apologies for bumping an old thread but I just noticed this:

Who's watching the watchers ?

Click

The black google car that was out to help out i would say ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭jmark

I see they still havent fixed the whole Gleencar/Glenoughty/Willowbrook/Solomons/Long Lane area of Letterkenny. I've tried to notify Google/TeleAtlas but to no avail. Until such times as they straighten them out they wont be able to match the photos with the maps.

Anyone else tried to notify them about this?

I was kind of hoping that an irate streetview driver would bang a few heads at the mapping centre!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Pique wrote: »
    Apologies for bumping an old thread but I just noticed this:

Who's watching the watchers ?

Click

Posted this a couple of pages back, I never saw any car other than the red one but it seems there must be two of them about

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68524578&postcount=130

And yeah I reported a few of those problems but only got the generic "Thanks, we'll look into it" email reply and nothings been changed obviously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 BikingChick

They obviously haven't done everywhere. Plenty of "main" roads into villages and towns are called "unknown road" and some places just don't have any street view options. Well, I spose for those who don't like Big Brother, it's nice to know that in Donegal you can still live quietly & secretly "off the map" :)

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but I had to tell you all what happened Friday.

Was driving up the Rectory Road out of Ramelton, well inside the 50kph zone. The google earth car was parked at the side of the road. The car in front of me stood on the brakes!!! He must have thought it was one of the "mobile safety cameras". LOL!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Lahm

The New Line road area of Letterkenny is blank.

Wonder why?

Did the residents report it? It must have been done by the car. The whole surrounding area was, even roads which wouldn't be as used as the New Line Road. Strange indeed.

Walk toward the red car in the link below. It turns to darkness a stretch beyond it...

http://maps.google.ie/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=54.954049,-7.737679&spn=0,0.02105&z=16&layer=c&cbll=54.954163,-7.737976&panoid=JFvzVb_Bp_3hH__-jciaBA&cbp=12,252.07,,0,9.86

Advertisement