Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Bus route 41a. Is it a ghost bus? It's not on the time tables

• 24-08-2009 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭

I've seen the 41a around. Even got it last week from swords. When I look it up on the Dublin bus website it's not there. What's going on. How do you get times for this bus?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/41/

The inbound buses denoted with "a" are the 41A services via Glen Ellan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭TaxiManMartin

Thats not it either. There is a 41a that goes through applewood at 8:20. That's Less than 5 minutes from the terminus. The a that's on that timetable does not match up.

Thats not it either. There is a 41a that goes through applewood at 8:20. That's Less than 5 minutes from the terminus. The a that's on that timetable does not match up.

It must be an extra working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Could be like that 145 in the morning that runs from Shankill on the old 46 route. Just a replacement for an old bus that joins the "normal" 41a corridor at some point.

Any drivers on here know what the story with the 3's that run on the N11 from bray to UCD sometimes, usually around 4.30/5.00 weekdays. Gotten it a few times but never an explanation as to what it should be.

Yes that 145 was a direct replacement for the 46 to maintain the service for the schools. As you say it's not in the timetable.

As far as I know there is a problem with the destination displays and the drivers are unable to put up 84 - Donnybrook Garage. So the school services return in service and they put up 3 - Belfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

Slightly off-topic but that's kinda like the number 11 in cork. When i started college and saw it go past my house i thought, great there's a bus straight into town. I asked for a timetable at the bus station, and the woman didn't know what I was talking about when I asked for the number 11. Then I said the Sunday's Well bus, and the answer I got was "Oh, the number 11! That leaves Patrick Street every second Thursday at 1105." And she didn't even bat an eyelid like!! Did not seem one bit ridiculous to her.

It now runs twice a day which is still crap, but no doubt we'll hear a Transport 21 report soon saying that some routes in Cork are now running at 28 times their previous capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Heart

As far as I know there is a problem with the destination displays and the drivers are unable to put up 84 - Donnybrook Garage. So the school services return in service and they put up 3 - Belfield.

No problem with the scrolls, they have '84 Belfield' but people don't read them so drivers use '3 Belfield' as it stands out more. Maybe if they put '84B Belfield' to show a short working it'd stick out more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Heart wrote: »
    No problem with the scrolls, they have '84 Belfield' but people don't read them so drivers use '3 Belfield' as it stands out more. Maybe if they put '84B Belfield' to show a short working it'd stick out more.

Whats wrong with just "Belfield":confused::rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Sounds like the 124 route. You may find yourself on a route that says 124, you may see buses that say 124...but if you put that into Dublin Bus' website, you'll never find it.

It's on the 123 timetable as a short working of the 123..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Does anybody know if the 41A that stops in Applewood at 7.00 is still running?
    I normally drive a motorbike to work but fractured my arm last month so I'm on the bus now. I had to be in work at 8am twice this week but struggled to get there for that time. I tried getting the 07:25 41X but that's a disaster. After it gets out of the tunnel it takes a right and heads towards the North Strand adding an extra 10/15 mins to the journey.The 7:35 Swords express actually gets to town before the 7:25 41X.I got the 7:10 Swords Express this morning but it means having to walk from Applewood to Swords. There is no information on Dublin Bus website about the 41A so if anybody has any info it would be greatly appreciated.Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

I used this bus once when I lived in applewood(chance), but it is very hit and miss.... I waited for it on another couple of occasions and it never showed.

PWEI wrote: »
    Does anybody know if the 41A that stops in Applewood at 7.00 is still running?
    I normally drive a motorbike to work but fractured my arm last month so I'm on the bus now. I had to be in work at 8am twice this week but struggled to get there for that time. I tried getting the 07:25 41X but that's a disaster. After it gets out of the tunnel it takes a right and heads towards the North Strand adding an extra 10/15 mins to the journey.The 7:35 Swords express actually gets to town before the 7:25 41X.I got the 7:10 Swords Express this morning but it means having to walk from Applewood to Swords. There is no information on Dublin Bus website about the 41A so if anybody has any info it would be greatly appreciated.Thanks.

The 41a departures are listed in the 41 timetable:

Buses leave Swords Manor via Glen Ellan at 0655 and 0740.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

PWEI wrote: »
    I tried getting the 07:25 41X but that's a disaster. After it gets out of the tunnel it takes a right and heads towards the North Strand adding an extra 10/15 mins to the journey.
    This is odd as buses were diverted off East Wall Road a couple of months ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,950 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

KC61 wrote: »
    The 41a departures are listed in the 41 timetable:

Buses leave Swords Manor via Glen Ellan at 0655 and 0740.

Ah that explains it,41A used have it's own timetable.Thanks a lot.
    Does anybody know what ever became of the Swords Express applicatin to drive from Applewood?

It's still "under consideration"!!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

number10a wrote: »
    Slightly off-topic but that's kinda like the number 11 in cork. When i started college and saw it go past my house i thought, great there's a bus straight into town. I asked for a timetable at the bus station, and the woman didn't know what I was talking about when I asked for the number 11. Then I said the Sunday's Well bus, and the answer I got was "Oh, the number 11! That leaves Patrick Street every second Thursday at 1105." And she didn't even bat an eyelid like!! Did not seem one bit ridiculous to her.

It now runs twice a day which is still crap, but no doubt we'll hear a Transport 21 report soon saying that some routes in Cork are now running at 28 times their previous capacity.

I've often wondered about that route and why it actually exists.

parsi wrote: »
    I've often wondered about that route and why it actually exists.

Like several other routes in Cork city such as the 4, 7a, 8a and 9, the 11 is operated principally to bring the elderly population into the city centre from those areas.

They are purely social service obligations! It's dem dar hills!!!!

Advertisement