Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

£2 to £2000 Betting Challenge

Options
  • 24-08-2009 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭

I use to do this betting challenge a couple years with a group of lads on another forum and was always a bit of fun. The basic rules behind the challenge are that you:

a) Start with £2
    b) Place your £2 on a bet (single or multiple) with odds as close to evens as you can
    c) Continue placing your total winnings on another bet with odds as close to evens as you can

The idea is that after 10 successful bets you will have turned your original £2 in to £2000. The highest I have ever seen anyone get is £600 and then he lost it on a horse. However, I have seen several people get in to the hundreds and then take their money which you can't complain about.

So for the purpose of this thread lets see how high people can get and if people want to take all their money while they're ahead or if they want to take some of their profits that is fine too.

Another thing was that some people liked to have severel "£2" stakes going at the same time for extra interest which some of you may like to do.

To get the ball rolling this is my first bet.

Attempt 1
    Selection 1 -
    £2 on Torres Anytime Scorer @ 1/1 (betfair)

Good luck!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

This will be fun. Good luck ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Cool.

Attempt 1:

€2 Anytime Goalscorer S Gerrard @ 7/5

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I'm in too.

€2 Anytime Goalscorer S Gerrard @ 7/5

Good luck all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 therogue

im in over 2.5 goals liverpool v villa evens in pp 5 euro ( im aiming for 5k lol)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Feck it .. I'll join the bandwagon of idiots :)
    Premier League Matches Liverpool v Aston Villa
    24-08-2009 20:00
    Half-Time/Full-Time
    Liverpool / Liverpool @ evens
    Single: Liverpool / Liverpool @ evens
    1 line at €2.00 per line
    Total stake for this bet: €2.00
    Potential returns: €4.00

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

will jump on board.... must run up to bookies and place my bet ... will just go for torres.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Random wrote: »
    Feck it .. I'll join the bandwagon of idiots :)

Safety in numbers :pac:

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Safety in numbers :pac:
    It was this thread or the €1m in 21 days thread. I didn't wanna be too greedy you see :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'll have a go, but not tonight (headache)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,393 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I've done two.

Gerrard anytime €2
    Torres anytime €2

Cue a nil-nil draw !!

Good luck all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I've done two.

Gerrard anytime €2
    Torres anytime €2

Cue a nil-nil draw !!

Good luck all.

money back from p.p.if you did it there for 0-0 how bad;)

I'm in liverpool to win bir €2 @ 2.12 placed 1 minute and lucas scores o.g. for av....... lol

Pool are 1-0 down. We're all gonna crash and burn on the first bet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

its 2-0 at half-time .... liverpool 9/2 to win with PP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

IrishIrish wrote: »

Attempt 1
    Selection 1 -
    £2 on Torres Anytime Scorer @ 1/1 Wins £4 (betfair)

Good luck!

Got there eventually!

Happy some of you pulled it off anyway. I need a frickin miracle. 3-1 down now.

Well from what I hear Liverpool lost 1-3.. Bad start for me so far. I won't give up yet though!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Four-Too

One has to be very selective in their bets, it's very hard to accomplish...many odds-on shots are beat. Try to get evens shots that are value, that would end up odds-on at the off. It might be demoralising if your beat by a sh/hd after getting up to 400.
    GL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

Goin to give this a lash from tomorro on. Goin to start with 10 euries instead of 2. Should be a laugh

Whyno wrote: »
    Goin to give this a lash from tomorro on. Goin to start with 10 euries instead of 2. Should be a laugh
    Well pick your bet wisely or you'll be sat here with me out of money and the "laugh" is pretty much over :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

Random wrote: »
    Well pick your bet wisely or you'll be sat here with me out of money and the "laugh" is pretty much over :(

But we will all have fun tellin our hard luck stories anyway :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Stay away from footie if you want to stand a chance with this challange. The odds of "nailed on" winners are too short, typically 1.3. While doubling two such bets up merely doubles your chance of failure.

I'd get looking at the nags, in particular the Placed horse market on PP, there should be a few decent chances every day to place a horse at 2/1.

Wait til Rugby season returns.. and I'll give ya loads of tips. I made quite a bit last year. Soccer on the other hand so far has been dire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Chonaic

I saw a thread on another forum, with a system a little similar to this. Although it had elements of martingale.

The guy used stakes of x, 2x, 4x, 6x, 8x, 12.5x so total possible loss of 33.5 points. He started with €10, so his stakes were predetermined as: €10, €20, €40, €60, €80, €125 (max loss: 335.00).

He would have his first €10 on a bet between 8/11 and 5/4. If it lost the next bet would be €20. If the second bet won he would add the winnings to his account, and revert back to €10 for the next bet.

e.g. bet 1 - €10 @ Evens lost; -10
    bet 2 - €20 @ 10/11; wins 18.18 - 10, so 8.18 added to bank.
    next bet is bet 1 again - €10 @ 4/5 etc.

At one stage he had 108 bets, with only 59 winning (54% SR), but was 600+ in profit.

Im going to give this a go here if thats ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,447 ✭✭✭✭cson

No.

You eat when we say you eat. You piss when we say you piss. And you post your betting strategies when we say you post your betting strategies.

Nah, knock yourself out kiddo ;)

Anybody who has seen the Shawshank will get the reference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 therogue

ok 10 euro up next bet i mean next investment :D leeds evens in pp to beat watford.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭mickos

Right I'm gonna give this a go for the laugh.
    Attempt 1:
    Middlesborough to win at Forest €2 @ 5/4

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭fonda

Might as well chance it!

Blackburn Gillingham
    Kalinic anytime @ 7/5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭bigbadben

Put €5 on over 3.5 goals in the Atletico game tonight @2.9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Chonaic

Starting with 2 euro as unit stake, so total possible loss of 67.00 (2+4+8+12+16+25).

Bet 1 of 7:

Sedge 2:15 - fav €2 win

Bets: 1
    Wins: 0
    Loses: 0
    SR: 0%
    Balance: 65.00
    P&L: +0.00
    LSP: +0.00

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭nouveau_4.0

Chonaic wrote: »
    I saw a thread on another forum, with a system a little similar to this. Although it had elements of martingale.

The guy used stakes of x, 2x, 4x, 6x, 8x, 12.5x so total possible loss of 33.5 points. He started with €10, so his stakes were predetermined as: €10, €20, €40, €60, €80, €125 (max loss: 335.00).

He would have his first €10 on a bet between 8/11 and 5/4. If it lost the next bet would be €20. If the second bet won he would add the winnings to his account, and revert back to €10 for the next bet.

e.g. bet 1 - €10 @ Evens lost; -10
    bet 2 - €20 @ 10/11; wins 18.18 - 10, so 8.18 added to bank.
    next bet is bet 1 again - €10 @ 4/5 etc.

At one stage he had 108 bets, with only 59 winning (54% SR), but was 600+ in profit.

Im going to give this a go here if thats ok?
    Why not just put it on black on a roulette table, win percent around 49% (not far from 54% your friend had) and you get your "winnings" alot quicker.

Also what happens if he loses six bets in a row? Goes bust or keeps gambling. Martingale system always ends up with the same result - bust!

Advertisement