Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about Science (DN008)

Options
  • 24-08-2009 6:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭

I have recently been offered and accepted a place for a denominated science root, Physics with Astronomy and Space Science (DN033), at UCD. I was wondering is it possible for me to switch over from this denominated root to the omnibus-science (DN008) root provided that I have the Leaving Certificate point and matriculation requirements?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

Can't really see why not, but phone/drop into the programme office

+353 1 716 2375, the office is in the main science building

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ianguitargod

Yeah, you can switch from any denominated Science course into the Omnibus. Just not the other way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Yeah, you can switch from any denominated Science course into the Omnibus. Just not the other way around.

That's new, you used to be able to switch as long as you had the points, minimum requirements and there were places. I switched between 2 denominated programs a few years ago (DN032 -> DN030), and I know one guy who went from DN008 -> DN031.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ianguitargod

Oh no yeah you can! I meant as in you can switch from something like DN031 without any fuss or who-hah, but the other way around you need specifics and such :)

Should have phrased better, sorry! :)

Advertisement