Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nice restaurant in athlone on a tuesday night?

Options
  • 24-08-2009 7:10pm

meeting mam in athlone tomorrow for a meal.. any good suggestions? neither of us know athlone. she's just in mullingar for a few days so we said we'd meet.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

meeting mam in athlone tomorrow for a meal.. any good suggestions? neither of us know athlone. she's just in mullingar for a few days so we said we'd meet.

thanks

di bella or KinKhao over beside the dean crowe hall would be my recommendations for a midweek meal that won't break the bank. One is a nice italian and other is an amazing thai restaurant. Follow the road around the back of the castle, di bella is on your right as you go up the hill. The thai is just across from it down a little lane to the left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 blondy555

Hatters Lane Bistro and id say it is a lovely place to take your mum.

It is beside Gertie Browns Pub at the bridge

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I'd second Di Belle and KinKhao, if you want to dine with a view, go to Di Belle, Vida *puuuurrrrrr*.

thanks for the suggestions!

might give the thai one a shot, mam loves that type of food.. i'll let ye know how i get on :P

Went to Di Bella in the end.. Class meal, Steak in Peppercorn sauce for me and some chicken pasta dish for mam. Both of us loved it.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Hope you enjoyed the view!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

I can now also add the lebanese restaurant to this list. Had a great meal there, not cheap for plenty of food on the plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Top deck is good for food and atmosphere

Pizza momma - cheap- but the food is reflective of the price in my opinion

Hatters - good food good atmosphere also

Green olive - used to be good until they went into the new place - the prepesis they used to have is now a resturant and serve good food

Advertisement