Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copper chopper over Clonmel

Options
  • 24-08-2009 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭

Garda ASU was over Clonmel this evening between 6 and 7pm. He seemed to put down somewhere near Ard Caoin, then cirrcled Elm Park for a while.

Looking for Bad Boys?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Elm park is the place to find them,;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Yea probably or they should have gone to the Wilderness aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

I know excellent people in Elm Park and the Wilderness,as well as other so called bad places in Clonmel.It takes but a couple of scumheads to ruin an area.The sad thing is that the scumheads seem to rule.From listening to national radio this week,it is the same countrywide.

True enough DT100, i know some good people in these estates myself we shouldn't tar them all with the same brush, according to todays Nationalist a man in Haywood close heard a noise on his roof and when he went out to investigate he saw a petrol bomb on his roof, the police helecopter was called out to search the other rooftops in case there was any more around,a man was seen fleeing the scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

cml387 wrote: »
    Garda ASU was over Clonmel this evening between 6 and 7pm. He seemed to put down somewhere near Ard Caoin, then cirrcled Elm Park for a while.

Looking for Bad Boys?

Afaik it was around the Garrymore area too.

What the effect of a helicopter will have on the area, I'm not sure.
    DT100 wrote: »
    I know excellent people in Elm Park and the Wilderness,as well as other so called bad places in Clonmel.It takes but a couple of scumheads to ruin an area.The sad thing is that the scumheads seem to rule.From listening to national radio this week,it is the same countrywide.

Yup. No point tarring all with the one brush. It only takes one and that sets off the trouble. I feel sorry for the good people in the area.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

I'd say the Guards and most people know who most of the scum in Clonmel are.

Unfortunatly the Guards seem unable/uninterested in sorting them out. The same people week in and week out seem to be mentioned in the papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

Here Taken from The Nationalist.ie

Gardai foil petrol bomb attack

Published Date: 29 August 2009
    By Sian Moloughney
    Clonmel gardai foiled a petrol bomb attack at the weekend that could have resulted in tragedy.
    A garda helicopter was used in the follow-up investigation to search rooftops where other devices may be stored.

The incident happened on Saturday night in Heywood Close. According to Superintendent Eunan Dolan, who is heading the investigation in
    ADVERTISEMENT
    to the incident, a petrol bomb was discovered on the roof of a house in the estate.

The dramatic discovery was made when the occupant of the house heard a noise on the roof, and coming outside to investigate, disturbed the person with the petrol bomb.

Gardai say the house where the petrol bomb was discovered was not the target of the foiled attack.

The person who had been in possession of the homemade device fled the scene.

"We are taking this incident very seriously," Superintendent Dolan told The Nationalist. Investigating gardai believe they know what this incident is connected with and their investigation is underway.

On Monday the garda helicopter, based in Baldonnell, spent time flying over Clonmel to survey the Heywood Close area. Superintendent Dolan explained it allows the gardai to survey the rooftops in the development.

He said calling in the garda helicopter was also a sign to the ordinary, decent people living in the town that the local gardai are doing everything they can to combat crime. Local people still have faith in the gardai, he added.

No arrests have been made in relation to the discovery at this stage in the investigation. Superintendent Dolan said there have been a number of connected incidents in the same area and they are all being investigated.

He appealed to anyone who may have witnessed the events of Saturday night to speak to the gardai and assured them information will be treated in total confidence.

Superintendent Dolan also told 'The Nationalist' that there was a problem in the area with stone throwing and the use of catapults with marbles. Warning of the dangers of projectiles, and the injuries they can cause, he appealed to local shop owners to let gardai know if they notice people regularly purchasing marbles. Superintendent Dolan said that anyone who is found using a 'black widow' catapult in this manner is liable to be charged with the possession of an offensive weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Mr Web

this bloods chopper - it keeps following me everywhere I go...

Mr Web wrote: »
    this bloods chopper - it keeps following me everywhere I go...
    Are you a bad guy ?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭itsonlyme

cml387 wrote: »

Looking for Bad Boys?

Jaysus lads the old copper chopper makes a great sound after 10pm at night. If it was hovering over the house you would think the roof was going to take off :cool::cool: Sher as the saying goes if the guards are up, everyone should be up...ha ha

last xmas day morning at 6AM a guy (not from this neck of the woods) was given "a lift" home in a patrol car and driving in to the cul de sac of the estate the siern starts......imagine the mortification of it.... up ya boya

• Advertisement
Advertisement