Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veggie meet up goes WEST

Options
  • 24-08-2009 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

so to get the ball rolling I'm making the thread. I'm sure someone will fill in the minor details like when and where exactly we're going but we're all heading off to Clare/Galway for more of what happened last weekend*.

*the magic 8 ball said we had to. seriously it did ask electro or raah

When would you like the next meet up to be? 21 votes

Sep 4th-6th
    0%
    Sep 18th-20th
    23%
    Tar.Aldariondonmeisterraah!taramsmegmar 5 votes
    Sep 25th-27th
    23%
    entropiTar.Aldariondonmeisterraah!Xandrius 5 votes
    *giggle*
    14%
    Tar.AldariondonmeisterXandrius 3 votes
    Sep 11th-13th
    38%
    entropiTar.Aldarion[Deleted User]pq0n1ct4ve8zf5donmeisterraah!DonnieScribblesXandrius 8 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Sep 11th-13th
    Can't argue with the eight ball, everyone's just going to have to suck it up and do it :D

Yeah so I'll know in a couple of days which weekend(s) are possibilities, I asked my mam there but she just went "what? hang on...what?" for a while so I think I'll have to explain it to her a few more times, bless her. Are we thinking in the next couple weeks kind of time frame or ASAP or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭smegmar

Sep 18th-20th
    it's whenever whenever, I think it's more when people are available.
    are we camping on the beach or in your house?

Tar can you get a poll up when we know what dates are possible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Sep 18th-20th
    *cough* ASAP PLEEEASE *cough*

Leaving my evil work place of evilness on Thursday, so would love to flee up the country for fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

Sep 11th-13th
    Ha, this thread was prompt to arrive!
    I'm offering dinner and dancing to anyone who shows up in Galway.
    And geocaching if someone has a car, don't know if any of ye have ever done it, tis fun...
    I'm free whenever, unless I somehow get a job between now and then...
    Just to warn you though, there's been some pretty evil rain in the west of late! Well, in the past week I've been back anyway :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Sep 11th-13th
    smegmar wrote: »
    *the magic 8 ball said we had to. seriously it did ask electro or master
    Fyp:pac:

My question was best, it gives good answers yes:D

Cannot WAIT for this to happen now whenever it does...like i said to electro sleepy sleep i cannot be there weekend of sept 26 i run a 1/2 marathon that saturday:(

Taram, such a shame ya couldnt make this week's one due to the work thing, next one should be just as fun...the 8-ball told me so;)

Donnie, time to get cracking on some plans when you have time:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Sep 11th-13th
    Oh that was quick*, missed this thread today!
    make this week's one due to the work thing, next one should be just as fun...the 8-ball told me so;)
    Did you ask it would we do the same thing? :D
    Ha, this thread was prompt to arrive!
    I'm offering dinner and dancing to anyone who shows up in Galway.
    And geocaching if someone has a car, don't know if any of ye have ever done it, tis fun...
    I'm free whenever, unless I somehow get a job between now and then...
    Just to warn you though, there's been some pretty evil rain in the west of late! Well, in the past week I've been back anyway :(
    geocaching? galway/clare sounds good, if we could get transportation etc.

Tar can you get a poll up when we know what dates are possible

Ye a mod or the person that started the thread can stik up polls.

*what were you expecting me to say. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

christ u wer quick at making this thread!

when where etc etc??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Sep 11th-13th
    that's up to electro~sleep and miss donnie

Sep 11th-13th
    geocaching?

I can never explain it without people looking at me like I'm a crazy person so... this should explain it

You basically look for hidden boxes using a GPS. It's fun!
    We hid this one amongst others....

Just an idea.

Where in Clare are ye planning on camping? There's some great beaches, like fanore and bishops quarter and such, and Ballyvaughan is nice.

If it's one day in Clare and one day in Galway I'll be happy to devise something to occupy ye while ye're here, just tell me when :)

Sep 11th-13th
    Where in Clare are ye planning on camping? There's some great beaches, like fanore and bishops quarter and such, and Ballyvaughan is nice.

If it's one day in Clare and one day in Galway I'll be happy to devise something to occupy ye while ye're here, just tell me when :)

Ha that's so weird, I live between Fanore and Ballyvaughan :D

• Advertisement

Sep 11th-13th
    Did you ask it would we do the same thing? :D

what were you expecting me to say. :pac:

The above quotes of your very own doing explains it pretty much, you mind reader you:pac:

Geocaching sounds cool, should be plenty to find especially if smegmar's gps stops telling us we are in mallow all the time:P

Sep 11th-13th
    I can never explain it without people looking at me like I'm a crazy person so... this should explain it

You basically look for hidden boxes using a GPS. It's fun!
    We hid this one amongst others....

Just an idea.

So it is orienteering for nerds, I love goping orienteering, so that sounds really cool, would love to do it!

Package better be in mallow or im not on smegmars team...

Sep 11th-13th
    But wouldnt having a gps take all the fun out it?
    Or are they all as crappy as Smegs?

Can't stop singing this now...

Sep 11th-13th
    We might as well just use the magic 8 ball

Sep 11th-13th
    I am unsure of how difficult it is or what exactly the gps is locking on to!

Sep 11th-13th
    We might as well just use the magic 8 ball
    That thing is so accurate it would be wrong to not use it!:)

Sep 11th-13th
    Ha that's so weird, I live between Fanore and Ballyvaughan :D

That is weird, I'm from Kinvara originally, so if it turns out I know you or something that's just going to freak me out!
    Moonbaby wrote: »
    Can't stop singing this now...

I've had this version stuck in my head since this thread appeared :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26y83muuDWw
    I am unsure of how difficult it is or what exactly the gps is locking on to!

Whoever hides the cache posts the co-ordinates on the website, other cachers punch them into their GPS's and off they go :)

We have a pretty reliable handheld GPS so if anyone wants to join team donniescribbles (temporarily or otherwise!) they can feel free!

Anyway, there's a few caches out in Clare that my sister and her boyfriend failed to get yesterday so if we're out that direction I might nab a few anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

If anyone fancies camping in Corofin we've a savage place up on a hill we 'vealways have our parties on since we were in school (the land belongs to my mates cool mum) and it has amazing panoramic views of the lakes/woods, a caravan, fire pit and wooden cabin with a stove in it, I'm sure they wouldn't mind one more party up there on the list.

Sep 18th-20th
    from experience I can say Khrystyna throws the best parties EVAR!!

can't see any reason not to go.

2 pages and we still don't know where or when this is on, but the idea is nice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Sep 11th-13th
    All of this thread sounds good to me. Hopefully we can fit it all in before the summer ends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

raah! wrote: »
    All of this thread sounds good to me. Hopefully we can fit it all in before the summer ends.

Man did no one tell you!? We all decided we weren't gonna bother having a summer this year! why do you think it hasn't stopped p*ssin!

Sep 11th-13th
    If anyone fancies camping in Corofin we've a savage place up on a hill we 'vealways have our parties on since we were in school (the land belongs to my mates cool mum) and it has amazing panoramic views of the lakes/woods, a caravan, fire pit and wooden cabin with a stove in it, I'm sure they wouldn't mind one more party up there on the list.
    Next you will tell us you have a castle, cos it keeps getting better haha.
    Anyway, there's a few caches out in Clare that my sister and her boyfriend failed to get yesterday so if we're out that direction I might nab a few anyway...
    Sounds cool :)

Sep 11th-13th
    Man did no one tell you!? We all decided we weren't gonna bother having a summer this year! why do you think it hasn't stopped p*ssin!

At least it wasn't like that one two years ago where it rained for 45 day straight. I've only been to the beach twice though!

Sep 11th-13th
    Ever?!!! we gonna have to build sandcastles with the babby. :D

Sep 11th-13th
    Cripes, I was a year younger than the next youngest person!

And yes, obviously from the context there, I meant ever :P

Sep 11th-13th
    Ever!? lol...

camping on teh beach is cool, beach fires and secluded dunes!

Sep 18th-20th
    beach party all sounds awesome, but remember don't set up camp somewhere below the high tide line.. I learned that the hard way as my sleeping bag slowly filled with sandy water

Sep 11th-13th
    beach noob, so not from a beach area eh. :p

Love digging holes to get into and burying myself hehe

Sep 11th-13th
    from experience I can say Khrystyna throws the best parties EVAR!!

can't see any reason not to go.

2 pages and we still don't know where or when this is on, but the idea is nice

I think we need to examine our options....
    - camping in Corofin
    - camping in/near Ballyvaughan
    - a wee night out in Galway city :D

We can scrap the latter if there is promise of dancing at either of the formers. I can get myself to either of these places quite easily and possibly for free, yay...

I'd assume it'd be a weekend? Perhaps the dates for consideration could be the weekend of:
    September 4th,
    September 18th or
    September 25th.

Nobody should come to this side of the country once October sets in! Brrrr...

Maybe smegmar or Tar could put a poll on this please :)
    Enough of this vagueness!
    In a demanding mood, sorry, I'm just bored...

• Advertisement

Sep 11th-13th

Do you know, the last actual good summer I remember was 1995. But it was a cracker! Little six year old me running around not knowing I'd never get another good summer for at least another 15 years

Advertisement