Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veggie meet up goes WEST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Sep 11th-13th
    I likes to climb things. We went up a mountain at krystynanranytanys ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

Sep 11th-13th
    Abbey Hill is good for views and things. Not too hard a climb... if I remember correctly :o
    There's a well at the foot of it, St. Patricks Well, our dogs used to drink out of it!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Sep 11th-13th
    so 3 dates are teh same so far! It's up to donnie electro and khrystyna, the ones with theabodes, where ye wanna go and what ye wanna do? :)

Sep 11th-13th
    But are we camping in Electro's place or Khrystyna's? Or both! One night in each :pac:
    The 18th seemed popular, maybe we should just pick a date and have done with it...
    If ye're spending a day in Galway it'll probably be like this:

-Food and Tea
    -Wandering/Geocaching
    -Drinking and Dancing

That's about all I have to offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Sep 11th-13th
    If ye're spending a day in Galway it'll probably be like this:

-Food and Tea
    -Wandering/Geocaching
    -Drinking and Dancing

That's about all I have to offer.
    I dont see a problem with this post, should there be one?:pac:

Stuff involving food and drink always sounds good, especially the food part:D

• Advertisement

Sep 11th-13th
    Okay, so I'm going to say the 18th for this but this is dependent on whether or not we are camping in electro's or khrystyna's.
    Either way, people are welcome here in Galway, people can sleep (uncomfortably!) in my house, my sister is okay with it, in an intrigued kind of way... she's also vegetarian so of course :)
    Ummm, that's it really!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Sep 11th-13th
    sounds cool :)

Sep 11th-13th
    Excellent.
    Well, everyone else should post here further details/objections!
    Hopefully!

Sep 11th-13th
    I loves it when a plan comes together. :)

Sep 11th-13th
    I really should say though, only about two or three people can stay in my house!
    No-one else would fit really... Tis only small.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Sep 11th-13th
    Maybe we should cancel out 4th-6th, tis in 3 days like.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭smegmar

Sep 18th-20th
    I voted 4th-5th, but I didn't mean too. I think everyone is ok with the 18th. we just need places to stay sorted

Sep 11th-13th
    18th it is. Judges hammer noise

Sep 18th-20th
    it's called a gavel tar, jeez I thought you were meant to be smart.

Also has electro heard back from her folks? we need this sorted.

Just found out I might be leaving for America before the 18th.

waaa. I don't wanna miss this awesome meetup

Sep 11th-13th
    That sucks, let us know date, how long you off for? And I was dumbing it down for the rest of ye. :p

Sep 11th-13th
    I'm happy enough to go with the 11th instead if everyone else is, seeing as Smegmar started this thread in the first place!
    Only thing is, I'm going to see The Redneck Manifesto in the Róisín on the 12th, but if we're in the Galway vicinity anyway, tis all good :)
    But-either-weekend-is-fine-for-me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

I hope you guys are gonna be able to arrange this cause this thread is stressing me out! :)

Sep 11th-13th
    I hope you guys are gonna be able to arrange this cause this thread is stressing me out! :)

LOL! See if you would only come we wouldnt have all this fannying about :D

of course :) ah, but Tar is leading this one... it's good practice for his organisational skills! heh heh heh ;)

Sep 11th-13th
    Hee hee, you should threaten to lock the thread in 48 hours if we still don't have it sorted :pac:
    I know, it's silly, but it'll all come together in the end, it's how we do things on this side of the country ;)

• Advertisement

he he he! surprised we haven't had Tar online yet today...

Sep 11th-13th
    smegmar, what date are you going? For how long?

Are we going to galway for a full weekend?
    Electro, khrystyna? Will we have this galway only and do your places another time or we do a day of galway and head to yours? Where are you guys? :-)

I have no problem with either date, give forth the options.
    If it's in glaway, I canprobably get accom for one or two and maybe khrystyna can too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Sep 11th-13th
    I know that electro was due to move into new student digs on monday, not sure how she fared over the weekend, hopefully she's doing good, but last time i txt her she had no credit to write back so pm'd me here. Maybe she still had no net access right now :(

As for Khrystyna, i have no idea tbh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Sep 11th-13th
    I'm here, sorry! Moving and all that, have to go to college to get online! The 11th is fine for me too, ye're welcome to come to Clare but if it's too much organisation at this point that's grand, it's not going anywhere like :P

Sep 18th-20th
    ok so I'll be heading off really soon, looks like it will be before the 18th.:(:(

If nothing is organized or written in stone yet can we have a go at the 11th . I hate being all pushy but if it's anything like Cork it would be the best send off ever.

Can Khrystyna, Electro and Donnie just post when is good for them, how many can stay and where exactly they are.

Why are all vegetarians as organized as a bag of squirrels......on cocaine!

Sep 11th-13th
    Okay, I am about an hour from Galway, in the middle of the burren in North Clare. This weekend is definitely out, but the 11th or 18th is fine. As long as people don't mind kipping on the floor/in tents, 10-12 people could be easily accommodated. I will have to double check again that the 11th still suits, but I'd imagine it'll be fine, and if not sure we can just do galway,it's savage :D

Sep 11th-13th
    smegmar wrote: »
    Why are all vegetarians as organized as a bag of squirrels......on cocaine!

Coz we're cool that's why!

Sep 11th-13th
    The 11th is fine for me too. I'm in Galway City, and I'll have to be back there in time for a gig on the night of the 12th.
    Is it one night at yours Electro then one night in Galway?
    Ye should all come see the Redneck Manifesto with me :pac:
    Otherwise I'll be abandoning ye for a few hours!
    Oh, and I'd say maybe two people could sleep at my place, if they're okay with cushions and blankets on the sitting room floor. The couch is mine.

Sep 11th-13th
    The 11th is fine for me too. I'm in Galway City, and I'll have to be back there in time for a gig on the night of the 12th.
    Is it one night at yours Electro then one night in Galway?
    Ye should all come see the Redneck Manifesto with me :pac:
    Otherwise I'll be abandoning ye for a few hours!
    Oh, and I'd say maybe two people could sleep at my place, if they're okay with cushions and blankets on the sitting room floor. The couch is mine.

Stall the ball! Redneck Manifesto in the Roisin dubh? Hells to the yeah! Are there tickets left? I'm heading home for the weekend so I might grab one

• Advertisement

Sep 11th-13th
    Yep, there appears to be tickets:

http://www.roisindubh.net/listings.php

About halfway down that page. They're just over €15 I think when you book online.

Veggie Meet-Up at The Redneck Manifesto, woo! Rope the others in :D

Advertisement