Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestions for gamming gear

• 24-08-2009 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi guys.

Just looking for suggestions on keyboards & mice for gaming.
    I was looking at the Logitech G15 Keyboard & the G5 laser mouse!

Any suggestions will be great thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

You'd get a better response in the main Games forum.
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=12

I know nothing about either of them. Using a bog standard mouse/keyboard just fine here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I have both of these and I love them.
    I have the older version G5, it's quite small in my hand, I almost use my fingertips more than my whole hand, but it works fine for FPS games. Buttons are all customizable, you can fit small weights in the base of it so it feels 'right' in your hand. The DPI and sensitivity are changable too, so once you get it set up the way you like aiming and 'naturalness' of moving it about is great.
    It is quite a bit of overkill if you don't play alot of FPS game, or competitive games like CSS or whatever.

The G15 is great but the difference between it and a regular keyboard is not enough to merit the price tag. Sure the keys click nicely, the keys are backlit if you have the lights off in your room, and it has about 10-12 keys you can create macros with for shortcuts in the game. But it's still just a keyboard, a €5 one will do everything 99% as well.
    Plus it's HUGE on the desktop.

Edit: just realised this is in MM forum, I'd only recommend either the G5 or G15 if you are playing alot of FPS shooters, total overkill otherwise.

Advertisement