Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New huge 'Victory Christian Fellowship' centre being completed in Firhouse, Dublin

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

ceolte wrote: »
    Both churches preach the “prosperity gospel”, telling followers that whatever they give to their pastors now will be returned by God many times over in years to come..... “The amount you give shows how much your heart is in it. Your heart is connected to your wallet"

This would not be out of place in the funny side of religion thread. :pac:
    Mind you, a reasonable sum of cash in some "years to come" is in some ways a more realistic proposition than unlimited bliss in an afterlife.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MrReal

The Victory church has been around for a long time its all about the €€€€ they used to have B&B hostel type places to house the homeless. There was nothing Christian about them. Not trying to reach the homeless just wanting to receive the cheque for the service. Very few if any of the homeless people in the B&Bs ever got invited to the church. Let me tell you why BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO MONEY.

There are a lot of great churches reaching Dublin and helping the down and outs but the Victory Centre is not one of them.

Warring Warring stay away if you want to keep your money. And if you dont have money stay away your not the type of fish that they are looking for.

They teach false doctrine - if your poor its because God is not blessing you. biblically that is rubbish and if you believe that you need your head examined.

They are up to their necks in dept for that building but dont worry if they cant pay they will just hear the call to go start a church somewhere else.

We should have stopped that so called pastor at the airport and put him in mountjoy.

No character No honesty No real Christianity

How sad when they could be making a real difference.

If you are attending this i hate to call it a church because they dont. did God say i will build my Centre? NO He said church

if you go to this place honestly ask yourself what is the main focus of sermonets of the pastor

if the honest answer € get out of there and find a real Bible preaching church to get involved in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

MrReal wrote: »
    The Victory church has been around for a long time its all about the €€€€ they used to have B&B hostel type places to house the homeless. There was nothing Christian about them. Not trying to reach the homeless just wanting to receive the cheque for the service. Very few if any of the homeless people in the B&Bs ever got invited to the church. Let me tell you why BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO MONEY.

There are a lot of great churches reaching Dublin and helping the down and outs but the Victory Centre is not one of them.

Warring Warring stay away if you want to keep your money. And if you dont have money stay away your not the type of fish that they are looking for.

They teach false doctrine - if your poor its because God is not blessing you. biblically that is rubbish and if you believe that you need your head examined.

They are up to their necks in dept for that building but dont worry if they cant pay they will just hear the call to go start a church somewhere else.

We should have stopped that so called pastor at the airport and put him in mountjoy.

No character No honesty No real Christianity

How sad when they could be making a real difference.

If you are attending this i hate to call it a church because they dont. did God say i will build my Centre? NO He said church

if you go to this place honestly ask yourself what is the main focus of sermonets of the pastor

if the honest answer € get out of there and find a real Bible preaching church to get involved in.
    Have a look where you are posting... We don't need to find a real a real bible teaching church. To me this place is just a different, slightly more offensive flavour of bullsh1t.

MrP

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Well I'm happy to see that the place isn't being defended by anyone, including Christians.

This thread isn't about God or the bible but a bunch of alleged shysters.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

Splendour wrote: »
    Having said that, I recognised a few people on the video and they are good Christians-albeit caught up in a very mixed up church. Also they are doing great work with getting people off drugs which can only be good. I met one such person when I attended Victory last year when Shane Lynch gave a talk on his book 'The Chancer'.
    Scientology also gets people of drugs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

As does louis farrakan I am often informed.

As does a. I of willpower and a desire to change your life for the better. No church, sky wizard or donation required.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

this crowd are on RTE at the mo Service on Sunday, children are spinning around the room to the great choir.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭NotForResale

lynski wrote: »
    this crowd are on RTE at the mo Service on Sunday, children are spinning around the room to the great choir.

Anything like this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

lynski wrote: »

Jesus ravers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

lol! the choir was great and the band, but going to keep the children on a diet of funk and guitar for now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Banbh

She did say the 'kids are so usable'. In a civilised country, she'd be in jail.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭NotForResale

Nodin wrote: »
    Jesus ravers?

some people think im bonkers, but i just think im freeeeeeeee

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭gawker

Read in this weekend's Irish Times receivers have been granted injunctions after they were stopped from repossessing Victory's properties. They are in arrears on property values at €14 million. I bet the poor feckers who go there are being shaken down for all they have today.

The properties were put up as security for loans of €14 million but repayments went into arrears, the court was told.
    I wonder what the pastor blew €14M on? If the properties were put up as security, at least some of the money must have been spent on something else.
    €14M buys an awful lot of cocaine and hookers :pac: though obviously he would actually have spent it on a good cause, being a "man of god".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

recedite wrote: »
    I wonder what the pastor blew €14M on? If the properties were put up as security, at least some of the money must have been spent on something else.
    €14M buys an awful lot of cocaine and hookers :pac: though obviously he would actually have spent it on a good cause, being a "man of god".

...good coke and hookers?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

gawker wrote: »
    They are in arrears on property values at €14 million.
    Are they related at all to Abundant Grace Christian Assembly, who appear to be in similar property-related trouble? Perhaps the recession is making people focus on the important things in life...

A notice in Irishtown Garda station, which is next door, indicated that their church has been repossessed by NAMA and is going to be sold off:
    AGCA wrote:
    Abundant Grace Christian Assembly have no choice but to leave the area. We have lived loved and served the communities of Ringsend and Irishtown from this location for the past 6 years for the glory of God. The valuable work that we do is now under thread, as NAMA, having refused out generous offer, attempt to sell the church building to the highest bidder as an investment/development opportunity. Please pray for our success in retaining this property!

256799.JPG

Apologies about the crappy focus - photo in a hurry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Is "under thread" your typo or theirs? I need to know where to direct my pedantic wrath!

Also, classic victim complex there. Oh, it's not our fault, it's evil NAMA not accepting our 'generous' offer because they're in league with Satan or some sh*t!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Sarky wrote: »
    Is "under thread" your typo or theirs? I need to know where to direct my pedantic wrath!
    You can direct it towards me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,700 ✭✭✭✭Penn

...as NAMA, having refused our generous offer...

I wonder what their "generous offer" was. "Let us keep the building, not pay any money for it, and we'll pray for you; deal? Why are you laughing?"

• Advertisement

Maybe they offered to switch allegiance if they could keep the property.
    Hail Lord Nama, we serve you now :pac:
    The only problem is, when it says in the bible "give unto Caesar what is due to him" that means he only accepts cash, cheques or gold, not prayers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,886 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

What alternative uses would this building have?

Would it be any use as a mosque?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

does it face towards mecca?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Concert venue?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Museum of Science!

kylith wrote: »
    Museum of Science!
    Multi-story abortionplex and same-sex civil marriage venue.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

there must be a parable for this somewhere

thou reapest what thou sowest ???

...or something...biblical studies is not my forte

either way. this is all majestic really.

wonder if this other motley crew are related? http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/story/2012/07/18/edmonton-frederick-victory-church.html - Kevin Frederick seems like a nice guy too. Another 'victim' I suppose...

You might have some sympathy for their followers. Or maybe not as the case may. Like many others, no doubt they will soon be attending sunday service in an industrial complex-turned worship centre in Dublin soon enough.

PS
    - this article is also well worth reading too for someone who wants to be brought up to speed on these leeches.

http://dialogueireland.wordpress.com/2013/06/09/banks-e18m-battle-with-the-pastor-preneurs/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

Did anyone else see the trustees are called Gerry Byrne and the Hade's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

there must be a parable for this somewhere

thou reapest what thou sowest ???

...or something...biblical studies is not my forte

I imagine Jesus' response to this would be "render unto Caesar what is Caesars". That is: pay your bills..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement