Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New huge 'Victory Christian Fellowship' centre being completed in Firhouse, Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

Lolababas wrote: »
    Hey Guys....the Lambhorgini seems to be such an issue and as I don't know anything about it an never saw it, I've called someone whom I know has been in the church for a long time. It seems the car in question didn't belong to the pastors son but had been lent to him - he only drove it for a short while. I guess he's just another guy that likes cars!

Young Hade - is it yourself?

:pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

It seems the car in question didn't belong to the pastors son but had been lent to him [...]
    The Lamborghini was just resting in his driveway?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

http://www.sundayworld.com/top-stories/news/no-escape-to-victory

http://dialogueireland.wordpress.com/2013/06/09/banks-e18m-battle-with-the-pastor-preneurs/

https://dialogueireland.wordpress.com/2013/06/13/hades-or-heaven-friday-june-14-the-four-courts/

Ignoring the fact that the High Court should not be acting without having completed the case... There is clear mismanagement (or rather stealing) of funds to privately fund the family that run the operation.

bluewolf wrote: »
    hee hee

touche sir!

schoolboy error...

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Lolababas

I don't feel lost or embarrassed. I will consider all that you are saying. I believe in God and know Jesus as a personal friend. I talk to him regularly and find that when I have a problem and hand it over to HIM. I see results/prayer gets answered.

All religions take tithes/offerings from their congregation - and I repeat - to support the practical side of teaching God's way of life which is for the benefit of those who listen. God pays attention to how they live and spend money that's been given to his purposes and he deciplines his people - and they know it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

The Hades are very good at "borrowing" things. Houses, offices, cars, boats, churches, the family loves to enjoy these things, but someone else always has to pick up the tab.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

touche sir!

schoolboy error...

Nooo, I was laughing at her trying to give it to god and giving it to hades instead, totally different god
    :D

I don't feel lost or embarrassed. I will consider all that you are saying. I believe in God and know Jesus as a personal friend. I talk to him regularly and find that when I have a problem and hand it over to HIM. I see results/prayer gets answered.

All religions take tithes/offerings from their congregation - and I repeat - to support the practical side of teaching God's way of life which is for the benefit of those who listen. God pays attention to how they live and spend money that's been given to his purposes and he deciplines his people - and they know it.

Comparing religions is not going to win much sympathy. Religions for the most part are disgustingly corrupt organisations.

Interesting though.

What I prefer to do myself is look at the problems in my life, take responsibility for the things that I think I can change, and change them myself. That's the beauty of free will.

I'm interested to know though, what was the last problem that god fixed for you? What evidence do you have to support that?

EDIT...you know what. Let's not go there...bit off topic.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

[...] totally different god [...]
    Just as imaginary though.

Nooo, I was laughing at her trying to give it to god and giving it to hades instead, totally different god
    :D

I know yeah - I got ya!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I was not pressured to give money...it was optional and I didn't give that much, also I didn't give to the pastors - I gave to God BUT it was odd bcos I noticed that when I gave I received money/gifts unexpectedly and I believe God was blessing me. I don't know anything about the Lamborghini.
    So is the reason why this god isn't curing AIDS babies in Africa because they haven't paid him?

After all; if he can drop you some cash he could cure a few million cases of HIV or Malaria. It must be the money thing. We all know that Jesus had a lot to say about it; "Give unto my Father a fiver and, yeah, he willt send thee a free Parker pen with thy subscription". Oh, wait; he actually said 'Give away all your possessions and follow me....For it is easier for a camel to get through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven". So you, the Hades, their flash-car driving son, and all the other money grubbing people who gave money in expectation of getting something in return (was it to be increased by thirty times three , by any chance?) will never see the face of God.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 wolf tonedeaf

At 2pm today, members of the victory centre will find out that there is no God. ......Just settling in at the bedroom window now to watch events unfold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

I arrived in Ireland two years ago and went to Victory Church on average once/twice a month. Honestly, I found their teaching very helpful.
    Just wondering, did you pass through the asylum seekers accommodation they were providing on behalf of The State?

Most of their ancillary business activities were useful for drawing in new members. Probably even the parents dropping off their kids at the creche stopped off at the cafe for a "starbucks" (was it even a real starbucks?) and were enouraged to "learn more" while lingering on the premises.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

At 2pm today, members of the victory centre will find out that there is no God. ......Just settling in at the bedroom window now to watch events unfold.

Webcam please....

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭35cent

I was suppose to take my mum there yesterday, but I overslept. She wasn't too pleased about it. I told her that I would take her next week instead but I guess that won't be happening anymore :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,291 ✭✭✭✭endacl

35cent wrote: »
    I was suppose to take my mum there yesterday, but I overslept. She wasn't too pleased about it. I told her that I would take her next week instead but I guess that won't be happening anymore :pac:

Ah sure, the world won't stop turning! Make her a nice cup o' tea, y'inconsiderate whelp ye!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,291 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I see two logical conclusions to this line of thinking as regards the victory bunch.

(A) Your omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent friend hears your prayers, and has chosen to ignore them. Bad omniscient, omnipotent friend!

(B) You have an imaginary omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent friend, and you've been talking to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 wolf tonedeaf

very quiet outside. a few men in suits turned up and are standing outside talking to another suited individual who I presume has something to do with the place

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

Do you reckon jesus charged lazarus 9.95 for a one off special resurrection deal?...plz

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Yeah, and that's why the pope can sit in silk and ermine on a gold chair in a palace, while the people who are give the money often live in poverty in hovels. I'm sure that's exactly what Jesus had in mind when he said "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭Tow

All in all, they seem to have made a mess of it. The Receivers job is to get the best return for BOS, if they played ball they could have gotten permission to keep using the property while a buyer was sought. After all some rental income is better than no income and a large empty building in Firhouse/Tallaght is not something they would want long term.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Banbh

Just watching this show and wondering who those four horsemen are in the car-park.

A number of suits in vehicles entered the carpark in convoy a few minutes ago.

I was elsewhere in Firhouse and the "word on the street" is that (a) everything of value has been stripped from the building in recent weeks and (b) the current shysters plan to re-open the place in a few weeks time after it has been bought at a knock down price for cash by someone they are friendly with. So their names will not be associated but they will be running the same business.

Banbh wrote: »
    Just watching this show and wondering who those four horsemen are in the car-park.

I was down there for a nose on my break and wondered that meself...

very little fireworks with the whole thing.

its seldom i say this...but it was great to see a bunch of accountants hanging around with folders outside the doors of the centre :)

So anyone know the final outcome? Are the gates still open? Is it still in business?

• Site Banned Posts: 3 Webdigit

I was not pressured to give money...it was optional and I didn't give that much, also I didn't give to the pastors - I gave to God BUT it was odd bcos I noticed that when I gave I received money/gifts unexpectedly and I believe God was blessing me. I don't know anything about the Lamborghini.

Ah the old American "prosperity gospel scam", aka "the more money you give us the more God will bless you" scam.

Whatever happened to Christ's teachings concerning money and wealth ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Has anybody here heard of Mike Murdock? Sick motherf*ckuer he is.

If you want some priceless entertainment, look up "Crazy Christians" 1 through... 7/8 I think. If you think you've witnessed deluded think again.

Anyways back to Murdock. Yeah, he will look you in the eye and EXPLICITLY tell you to take you kid's college saving sour and plant "a thousand dollar seed". He says this EXPLICITLY. He says some thee messed up stuff too.

So anyone know the final outcome? Are the gates still open? Is it still in business?

twas locked up when I drove past yesterday eve.

Suddenly the name 'Victory' is looking more and more ironic...maybe they have a sense of humour after all

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Misty Moon

I was elsewhere in Firhouse and the "word on the street" is that ... and (b) the current shysters plan to re-open the place in a few weeks time after it has been bought at a knock down price for cash by someone they are friendly with. So their names will not be associated but they will be running the same business.
    I sincerely hope that doesn't happen but don't know how hopeful I'd be that it won't. It would be great to see an investor come in to help fund it but the actual running of it being handed over to the community (be it via council or an appointed committee of people from the area or whatever). Wishful thinking I know but hey, maybe someone local will win the euromillions this week and fund it just to keep them from getting a foothold again. :cool: :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Gumbi wrote: »
    Has anybody here heard of Mike Murdock? Sick motherf*ckuer he is.

If you want some priceless entertainment, look up "Crazy Christians" 1 through... 7/8 I think. If you think you've witnessed deluded think again.

Anyways back to Murdock. Yeah, he will look you in the eye and EXPLICITLY tell you to take you kid's college saving sour and plant "a thousand dollar seed". He says this EXPLICITLY. He says some thee messed up stuff too.

Why do these guys avoid prison? These mega-rich pastors are the only argument you need to tax churches.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement