Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New huge 'Victory Christian Fellowship' centre being completed in Firhouse, Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Why do these guys avoid prison? These mega-rich pastors are the only argument you need to tax churches.

Have you seen the videos? One if the crazy Christian videos has an interview with him. He talks a II how he loves money, and how he have his aunt or sister or something a was of cash just to have for a limited time to feel.

Then he goes off with a long story about how this young teenager in his parish how he buys things for her all the time, buys pink this and pink that, how she calls him and he buys stuff for her. He makes a comment to the effect of "I'll probably buy her her car when she's 16". And after all this, the moral of the story is how she is a "great receiver" how she's so gracious etc etc. one of the comments captured it perfectly, saying how sick this kind of relationship is.

To be honest, even the crowd wasn't buying it, to the point where he wAs egging them to clap and how they had jealousy.

What the actual fook. But I do recommend you watch those clips. They're hilarious. The poster records low-budget Christian TV and adds dramatic music and Picard face-palms. It's honestly golden! :D

They are so deluded, they seem to be making stuff up as try are going along in an attempt to be more dramatic or something. One of the stories involves them being chase by "80 foot demons around the car". You'll know what I mean about making stuff up too if you watch it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Gumbi wrote: »
    Have you seen the videos? One if the crazy Christian videos has an interview with him. He talks a II how he loves money, and how he have his aunt or sister or something a was of cash just to have for a limited time to feel.

Then he goes off with a long story about how this young teenager in his parish how he buys things for her all the time, buys pink this and pink that, how she calls him and he buys stuff for her. He makes a comment to the effect of "I'll probably buy her her car when she's 16". And after all this, the moral of the story is how she is a "great receiver" how she's so gracious etc etc. one of the comments captured it perfectly, saying how sick this kind of relationship is.

To be honest, even the crowd wasn't buying it, to the point where he wAs egging them to clap and how they had jealousy.

What the actual fook. But I do recommend you watch those clips. They're hilarious. The poster records low-budget Christian TV and adds dramatic music and Picard face-palms. It's honestly golden! :D

They are so deluded, they seem to be making stuff up as try are going along in an attempt to be more dramatic or something. One of the stories involves them being chase by "80 foot demons around the car". You'll know what I mean about making stuff up too if you watch it :P
    I really, really hope the bit in bold isn't a euphemism because I have to be honest, there's only one reason I can think of for a grown man to be showering a 16 year old girl with expensive gifts...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

kylith wrote: »
    I really, really hope the bit in bold isn't a euphemism because I have to be honest, there's only one reason I can think of for a grown man to be showering a 16 year old girl with expensive gifts...

His own words!

Like I said, really twisted, I couldn't relieve he was being so explicit (i mean this in the literal sense, not implying anything sexual) in what he was saying, not even sugar coating anything. Literally telling people to pay him a thousand bucks of their kid's college funds.

That part made me mad. But the other videos of this group calling eveything witchcraft is hilarious. Smurfs are communists. Papa smurf "looks exactly like Stalin". And his right hand man? "Looks just like Stalin's right hand man".

A woman telling a story where she was chased around her car by an 80 foot demon that was "as high as the clouds". I'm not doing it justice. Crazy stuff. "Crazy christians". Please watch it :) just a series of short clips mostly taken from one low budget broadcast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

twas locked up when I drove past yesterday eve.

Suddenly the name 'Victory' is looking more and more ironic...maybe they have a sense of humour after all

The gate was closed but one of the front doors was open as I passed earlier. Bean counters in no doubt.

The Simpsons epsidoe where Mr Burns takes over the church is on now on RTE 2
    (18/6/2012 - 6 PM)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Lolababas

Perhaps you should all have something better to do and to think about! Maybe give your time over to positive pursuits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Ooh, we could give all our money to a bunch of tax-dodging criminals! Anyone know where to find some of those?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Lolababas wrote: »
    Perhaps you should all have something better to do and to think about! Maybe give your time over to positive pursuits.
    We are doing something positive. We are positively celebrating the failure of this despicable church and looking forward, positively, when the (alleged) thieves and (alleged) conmen that were running it are brought to justice and forced to pay back the money they now owe the state.

What could be more positive?

MrP

Sarky wrote: »
    Ooh, we could give all our money to a bunch of tax-dodging criminals! Anyone know where to find some of those?
    Been done, that is so last two years in Firhouse.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I can promise you happiness and eternal life if you give me all your money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,291 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Banter with my heathen pals is a positive pursuit!

lazygal wrote: »
    I can promise you happiness and eternal life if you give me all your money.

Seems legit. Let me PM you my bank and credit card details...

Seems legit. Let me PM you my bank and credit card details...

I bet you're already feeling happier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Ive just sent you mine too. Can I have your home address, I want to drop my coin collection over.

A little, actually. OMG it works! Praise Jebubs!

A little, actually. OMG it works! Praise Jebubs!
    Careful now..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

endacl wrote: »
    Careful now..

The Church of Jungle. :D

Not even on drink or drugs.

Prayer: Not even once.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Is it just me, or has J C's return to trolling us coincided with the VCF centre getting closed down? :pac:

Is it just me, or has J C's return to trolling us coincided with the VCF centre getting closed down? :pac:

Send me all your money and I'll get god to smite him.

• Advertisement

Kickstarter tbh.

Is he back?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

endacl wrote: »
    Is he back?!?

Which one? I'm getting confused now that there's also a Father JC bombarding people with drive by exorcisms....oh...WOAH! Do you think...? Nah. Never mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Obliq wrote: »
    Father JC bombarding people with drive by exorcisms....
    Hmmm....

I've heard the Victory are meeting on Sunday at a hotel venue...does anyone know which hotel ?smile.png

• Registered Users Posts: 34,648 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

If only there was a way for a supernatural being to communicate with people.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

I've heard the Victory are meeting on Sunday at a hotel venue...does anyone know which hotel ?smile.png
    No, but I hope they asked for payment up front.

MrP

ninja900 wrote: »
    If only there was a way for a supernatural being to communicate with people.

There is...get born again and you will be amazed! HE communicates!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Banbh

HE communicates!
    Okay. Ask HIM which hotel.

• Advertisement

There is...get born again and you will be amazed! HE communicates!

Do you have two bellybuttons?

:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement