Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Corrolla Radio Problems

• 24-08-2009 7:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭

I have a 03 Corrolla and am currently having radio problems.
    The problem is that the radio doesn't automatically change the frequency to the area its in.
    The aerial on the roof does have a crack on the rubber part at the bottom, could this be causing it or have i more serious problems. I do alot of traveling so it gets very annoying.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

Not being smart, but is AF set on the radio? If not, it's the AF button on left of display. You'll see AF and REG come up when you're on 2FM.
    Also, is this recent or have it never changed frequency?
    My 02 and 06 Corolla's sometime dont pick strongest signal, but pressing the number of the radio station normally gets it to re-tune.
    My 02 car has a massive split on the aerial casing, and it still works fine.

Check AF is showing on the display before replacing anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

^^
    ^^

Did you check if the AF (Auto Frequency) setting is on? This automatically selects the best frequency for a preset radio station. When set it usually shows "AF" on the lcd screen of the stereo.

PS, you might also want to change from large bolded font, it doesn't go well on this site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭jod1983

Sorry bout the font.

Ya AF is on and it still doesn't work.
    Often have to go to Donegal and it's so annoying having to change. for example 2fm is between 90.0 and 92.0 but in some areas it will only pick a faint signal,mind you today fm is stronger when i manualaly do this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It might not be your car at all and just a weak signal in certain areas.

bazz26 wrote: »
    It might not be your car at all and just a weak signal in certain areas.
    Thought that but its happening everyway,apart from my local area and my girlfriends car doesnt seem to have these problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

swap the aerial on your car with another of similar type, and check?
    although, you say there's a crack, is it on the part that's on the car, or the detachable part?

Bogger77 wrote: »
    swap the aerial on your car with another of similar type, and check?
    although, you say there's a crack, is it on the part that's on the car, or the detachable part?
    The crack is on the detachable part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Think it's TP or TS, turn these off on the display of the radio and it will be fine, I think these only work in the UK/Europe, Ireland's radio network is too sheite for it to function correctly as intended.

Advertisement