Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get asafoetida?

Options
  • 24-08-2009 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

Anyone know where to get asafoetida? Preferably somewhere in Cork :-) Have searched high and low and can't find any.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭foodaholic

got mine in tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

Cool!! Which Tesco did you get it in? I have looked in Douglas, Mahon & Wilton and didn't see it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

ass foetuses?

/me runs!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,779 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Any asian food store would stock it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

It's fairly stinky stuff, so keep it in an airtight container if it isn't supplied in one to start with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭foodaholic

it was a tesco in dublin. Have you tried the english market

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

opened an online account with tesco's to search some stuff out,
    it gives you the aisle no. so is easy to find stuff then when shopping or passing by a tesco just pop in quickly, dont actually have to get it sent out, but its a handy search

english market is always more fun tho.....lovely goodies to be had,from very helpful staff in all the stalls.....mmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

ya the english market was my first port of call but they didn't have it in. will have to search around a bit more, will surely find it somewhere. i'm shocked that i managed to finish my old jar of the stinky old stuff in the first place!! :-) anyway thanks for the ideas, will have another look around today.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Mr Bells has it, or you could try the Asian cash and carry out by Musgrave park.

Advertisement