Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This Sunderland / Norwich match

• 24-08-2009 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

Is anyone watching it? It's a great match. Sunderland are 3-0 up ... couple of great goals and the game is nice and lively and active.

To think I should be over watching the Pool match but I can't take myself away from this one!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Random wrote: »
    Is anyone watching it? It's a great match. Sunderland are 3-0 up ... couple of great goals and the game is nice and lively and active.

To think I should be over watching the Pool match but I can't take myself away from this one!
    Watching bits and pieces of it. Sublime finish by Andy Reid for the second goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭dogpile

Oh Andy Reid
    Andy Andy Andy Reid

has a better ring to it than oh Glen Whelan...

and he's just equalled Whelans all time scoring record in 20 mins :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Norwich were looking so promising at the start until Sunderland got their first .. then it looked to be a bit of a walkover with a couple of quick sucession.

Norwich getting back into it a bit now .. here's hoping they grab one before the break and make a match of it :)

I know this is only against Norwich but Reid is playing beautifully. Hopefully Bruce will start him for Sunderlands next league game now.

More pressure from Norwich now .. but Sunderland have closed the gates are built some walls around their box at this stage.

• Advertisement

Jasus .. Norwich are piling on the pressure now .. great save from the keeper there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

What has Reid done lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭dogpile

What has Reid done lads?

I've not seen anyone run a game since Maradona 86'

honest..

What has Reid done lads?
    Scored twice. Here's what the BBC said about his goals:

Goal one-That's why Andy Reid is a bit of folk hero for the Sunderland fans. Kenwyne Jones finds his run down the left but with the defender making ground quickly, the angle looks too tight for the shot - so Reid looks up and produces an exquisite chip over the keeper.

Goal two: And that's a stunning goal. Steve Bruce may be re-thinking his first XI. A one-touch passing move involving Carlos Edwards, Teemu Tainio and Fraizer Campbell ends with Andy Reid sweeping in his second and Sunderland's third.

Sky Sports 1 replaying them now.

• Advertisement

Come on Norwich ... 1-3 ... game on :)

So close to a second! Come on .. come on!

Another goal for Norwich .. 1-4.

Dam feckin own goals!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Really unlucky Norwich. They were building momentum but a cruel own goal makes it 4-1.

Reid has been playing out left, and he's been working the flank like an actual winger. Looks as fit as I've ever seen him, he's had a terrific game.

Red card for fouling a goal scoring oppurtunity... and some bloke also got the goalie in his face .. looked painful!

I love it when an outfield player goes in goal :) He's about 3 foot tall .. this free is gonna be interesting :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Horrible collision, could have been worse too.

CHD wrote: »
    Horrible collision, could have been worse too.
    True enough .. one of those things I guess.

That games over now. 4-1 Sunderland @ full time. Great game that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

If Reid can re-work himself as a left winger, who works relatively hard [for a winger], but remains the creative force he can be in midfield, he could be a very tasty player, and one I think Trap would consider. His problem is that Reid doesn't fit into what he wants a central midfield to do. But as a left winger, he might fit in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

was only reiding about him :p in the paper today and how he has lost a stone and a half. fair play. He is a class player and much better than some of the muck in the national squad.

His first goal today was unbelievable. more of that please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭ScholesyIsGod

Two quality finishes from Reid tonight it pains me to see him do that and then think that he cant get a sniff at the Irish squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Two quality finishes from Reid tonight it pains me to see him do that and then think that he cant get a sniff at the Irish squad.

His 1st start for Sunderland though, and i can't see him breaking into the starting 11 anytime soon,

He will have to do that before he gets anywhere near Ireland again,

Can't fault his effort on getting fit though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

PHB wrote: »
    If Reid can re-work himself as a left winger, who works relatively hard [for a winger], but remains the creative force he can be in midfield, he could be a very tasty player, and one I think Trap would consider. His problem is that Reid doesn't fit into what he wants a central midfield to do. But as a left winger, he might fit in.

He might have to do that for club too - Bruce will stick with Cana & Cattermole, leaving only matches like tonight and suspensions to the others (i envisage a good few but not enough for Reid).

I certainly think even at the moment he should be there ahead of McGeedy for Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

His 1st start for Sunderland though, and i can't see him breaking into the starting 11 anytime soon,
    He was injured for the 1st game and hadn't trained before the 2nd. He was excellent in pre-season.

I might just put the above in my sig. ;)

Advertisement