Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VOX AC30 Repair

Options
  • 24-08-2009 8:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hey guys,
    Does anyone know where I could go to get a VOX AC30 repaired? Its one of the new versions the CC2X. I bought it in musician on drury street in Dublin but now they've closed down! Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Dbaby wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    Does anyone know where I could go to get a VOX AC30 repaired? Its one of the new versions the CC2X. I bought it in musician on drury street in Dublin but now they've closed down! Thanks

They're now called X Music and based out in the Red Cow. http://www.xmusic.ie Give 'em a shout. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Dbaby

Cool thanks! Gonna be one hell of a pain dragging that thing out there!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Might best to give em a call first. I'm not sure who does their repairs but it might be closer to you or maybe they can arrange collection. :confused:

Oh right cool thanks! I got a new output tube already because I didn't know they were the same company so hopefully that'll work but if not I know where to go!! Thanks mate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭bikeblues

from what i hear , x music are gtting out of vox - due to these model amps always blowing the output fuses / and tubes - something to do with the standby switch .

the build quality on these chinesses made ones is dodgy apparenlty .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Mark Levins is the man your looking for. Alladins Amps is in the resource sticky, thats him. Nice guy, does a good job and reasonably priced too. Tends to have a quick turn-around.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Paolo_M

Oh right cool thanks! I got a new output tube already because I didn't know they were the same company so hopefully that'll work but if not I know where to go!! Thanks mate!

I'm presuming that you got a set? :)
    What's wrong with the amp anyways?

No I just got an output tube...first the amp blew the hot output tube when I turned it on and when I replaced that and turned it on it was crackling....so I hope its the output tube!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Paolo_M

No I just got an output tube...first the amp blew the hot output tube when I turned it on and when I replaced that and turned it on it was crackling....so I hope its the output tube!!!

An AC30 has four EL84 output valves, it's recommended that you use a reasonably matched set.
    I'm not sure what you mean by "blew the hot output tube"? :confused:

Is it the GZ34 rectifier valve that you mean? These often go in AC30s due to the use of the stand-by switch.
    IMO the stand-by switch in a modern AC30 should be put in play mode and left that way permenantly.

Sorry Im confusing myself!! I meant it blew the output fuse! "should be put in play mode" what do you mean by this?

• Advertisement
Advertisement