Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Gaming Desks

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

I was actually going to say that the kitchen worktop is a genius idea when I saw it. From the picture I can't see how you joined the three seams though. Did you use the metal joining strips already available for Kitchen worktops or was it just a perfect fit?
    Went for the kitchen top for two reasons, hard wearing and the colour was spot on for what I wanted to do, wasn't too bad price wise either at the time, €100 for the top but there was cheaper ones depending on colours / styles.

I was going to use them metal joining strips but decided not to if possible as it would of thrown off the look of the desk completely. It was cut to size, glued together, metal brackets screwed underneath to hold each sides together and wooden brackets coming from the wall and going halfway underneath the top for extra support.

Personally I think custom desks are the way to go, they may work out a bit dearer but the end result is well worth :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

BopNiblets wrote: »
    Same desk as mine except I have a big Lego Death Star, Simpsons figures and a Headcrab with aviator shades on mine :p

Yeah mine now has the huge Madcatz TE Fightstick in the middle of it. Just fits under the area under the monitor.

Another thing to consider is the monitor height. It should always be high enough that it is either directly in front of your eyes or slightly higher. If it is lower (as is the case with most desks I've seen) you'll bend your neck down and eventually you'll slouch forward over the desk from hanging your head forward.

Having the monitor higher forces you to keep your neck straight and naturally adjusts your posture to the most comfortable position. In work I just use old phonebooks and router boxes to raise up my monitors to eye level.

Advertisement