Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Took this yesterday

• 24-08-2009 9:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭

Took this pic of one of the original staircases yesterday at www.donaghmoremuseum.com/ .
    What you guys think ?

Portlaoise066-1.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭bren2002

For me the window is too bright, can you shade it in PS?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Did this turn out exactly as you had hoped or what were you thinking the final picture would be before you took it? (Just curious)

I quite like it. To be critical, as Bren points out above your metering for the room has left the window blown. To me, that is a pity because there is detail in the smaller window panes which get lost. I also think the overall scene is too bright - this has an advantage that you are getting lots of detail in the stonework but imho I think this may have worked better metering off the window which would have brought the window pane into the dynamic range which could be handled by the camera and completely darkened down the interior surrounds.

Did you shoot in RAW? If so, then you could still try this or even try darkening the window for one exposure and maintaining the interior brighter for another and blend them together. A subtle HDR might work here too.

Just my thoughts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

I don't think there is much to it tbh. I think there would be a lot of good potential shots at a location like that, but this isn't one of them for me, sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I don't like it at all
    Its too blurry, two slanty and the window is very bright and distracting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

Guys this was a comlpete spur of the moment photo, I just said I would stick it up to see what you guys thought of it.

Thanks for the comments

I must go get some photography lessons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

I have bad eyes. Is the image at an angle?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Anouilh

Sometimes when there is a lot going on in a photo it can help to just make two separate images. Perhaps cropping to make one image of the window and a separate one of the staricase could help?

Advertisement