Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photo of the week - Week #8 :: 10th August - 16th August, 2009

• 24-08-2009 10:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭

058B3DBC266F43FE99C77F366722022B-800.jpg

Credit: oshead

Looking back over the random thread, it appears that quite a lot of light painting was going on over the Charleville weekend so I think this is entirely appropriate and representative of what was great over the week.

Way to go oshead - well done.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭m_s_nixon

anyone know what light source was used to get this effect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

All credit for this shot should go to ThOnda really. All I did was click the camera button for a few seconds.

Anyway..... This thing is called a rope light. It's like a rope with lots of lights in it.... ;) Camera on a tripod. While in manual mode, I set the aperture to f5.6 and the shutter to bulb. Held the shutter button down for 16secs while ThOnda spun that thing round and round like a cowboy on a rodeo extravaganza....... I probably let the button go by accident. :D Great fun.....

David OS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Anouilh

A beautiful photo. Thank you for sharing.

A link to some tips on long exposure:

http://ngadventure.typepad.com/blog/adventure-photography-french-style-hits-us.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Anouilh wrote: »

I don't think the OP needs them though....

For some reason I keep missing all these Photo's of the week, sweet shot Dave. You sure made Thonda the model work for this shot ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Anouilh

kjt wrote: »
    I don't think the OP needs them though....

In total agreement...

The link might just send the rest of us off to buy some rope light and entertain our families, now that the evenings (unseasonably) seem to be drawing in...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mrs moneypenny

Beautiful photo. :)

Advertisement