Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going crazy..

Options
  • 24-08-2009 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Have a machine with HD4650. Was working OK, or so I thought. Basically, whenever I boot windows, it boots, but after the loading splash screen, 8 times out of 10 it goes to a black screen/monitor goes into standby, though I can still hear sound. Anyone any idea on what to do? Googled it and found trillions of the same problem but none of the fixes have worked for me. Refresh rate is OK. Tried different drivers, same thing. Works perfectly fine in safe mode, just not after the ati driver is installed. same thing for xp and win7. it works the odd time and whenever it does, its fine for games or whatever, so the card itself seems OK.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Fúcking hell, man. You just seem to be having terrible luck with your pcs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

using a spare firegl card now and it works perfectly fine. the 4650 works fine in my main pc. for **** sake....typical! might try the 4890 in it and see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 83,235 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Im pretty sure the 4650 is what in my office machine and cant say i know what you mean :/

Advertisement