Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terminate Digiweb contract

Options
  • 24-08-2009 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi there,

I need a piece of advice of how to terminate the contract of with DSL Digiweb because I want to switch to Smart Telecom.

I subscribed with Digiweb a contract in March 2009 and the contract lasts one year.
    I want to switch to Smart Telecom (Home Complete 7Mb for EUR 21.50+25.47=EUR 46.97 per month) as soon as possible but I guess I have to wait until March 2010.

Does anybody know if I am right ?
    What do I have to do in order to terminate the contract ?
    Do I have to send them a registered letter at least 2 months before the natural expiry date of the contract ?
    If I want to terminate the contract before do I have to pay for an additional fee ?

Many thanks to everybody

Stay alive !
    Pio Pio

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

you should read the terms and conditions .... you could possibly get out of the "agreement" early if you pay to get out.

Ie. Pay the balance of your remaining contract

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

I am with Digiweb (12mb @ €59pm) 6 months and want to move now because Ntl/Chorus (20mb @ €42) is now available is my area.

They want 3 x €59 termination charges if I cancel now.

Anyone know of any way around this ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

There's nothing to get around. That's the cost of finishing a contract early.

Threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

jor el wrote: »
    There's nothing to get around. That's the cost of finishing a contract early.

Threads merged.

Theres always a way around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Well, unless you ask Digiweb, and they agree to waive it, there won't be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 piopio

v10 wrote: »
    I am with Digiweb (12mb @ €59pm) 6 months and want to move now because Ntl/Chorus (20mb @ €42) is now available is my area.

They want 3 x €59 termination charges if I cancel now.

Anyone know of any way around this ?
    Yes, I read the terms and conditions and they say you have to pay 3 times the monthly fee if you want to terminate the contract early.

I am wondering if there's a fee if I send the termination letter at the expiry date. I hope I have nothing to pay for.

Stay alive !
    Pio Pio

Advertisement