Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

racing bike

• 24-08-2009 11:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭

wanted gents racing bike ,suit gent 5ft 7 inch.
    must have sti brake/gear levers.
    wanted as a winter training bike. prefer aluminium framed. give mea call with what you have

will pay approx 200 euros

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭bikermartin

took the plunge today put deposit on a new 2nd bike for wet/ winter use

claud butler san remo ?

looks a decent bike !

any one have any comments about this bike ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭DJsail

had one in college for a couple of months before I decided to kill it off back in 2004 so if its the same model I wouldn't go near it unless your getting it cheap!

If your are getting a bargain then take it as if memory serves me right it had a fairly decent set up for the money including Shimano Sora STI's which you said you were looking for, not the worst thing on wheels by any stretch of the imagination but not the best either, how much is the shop looking for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭bikermartin

the price was 585 euros

he is selling to me for 540 euros

it is a second bike i wanted for winter so was not really wanting to spend that much , but anything less was worse specced !

martin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭DJsail

icon9.gifdon't want to rain on your parade but to be honest if its the same bike I had 5 or so years ago then that's too much to pay in my opinion, that's Giant defy money which I'd go for at that price range, if money hasn't already changed hands I'd pull it as sounds like a rough deal!

I could very well be wrong but know that model's been around for awhile and unless they've changed it radically I'd walk more towards a Trek, Giant or Lapierre as they're usually better value for money.

Remember though opinions are like ar3e-holes, everyone has one so before you go ahead do some more resrearch, buy a few bike mags, read some online reviews ask a specific question regrading the bike model in the main forum as theres far more knowledgable lads than me online etc. either way good luck!

Advertisement