Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why I'm worried about my son's future in Thailand

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

I don't click on links, can you sumarise here?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Paulgar wrote: »
    Here is something that I wrote about my worries about my son's future in Ireland.

That article looks more like a discussion on the educational system in Thailand and nothing to do with Ireland.
    I would have other reservations about putting him through the Irish education system. It is hard to know what to do for the best sometimes.
    http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2095183/why_im_worried_about_my_sons_future.html?cat=16

Are you just pimping your article?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

I have not read the article either but I find it hard to believe the Thai education system is better than the Irish one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Paulgar

Beruthiel wrote: »
    That article looks more like a discussion on the educational system in Thailand and nothing to do with Ireland.

Are you just pimping your article?

Well I thought seeing that this was the section for Irish people living abroad, and I'm an Irish person living abroad that this would be welcome here.

silja wrote: »
    I don't click on links, can you sumarise here?

Yes, no problem. I am worried about my son's future in Thailand in regards to the education system.

• Advertisement

kmick wrote: »
    I have not read the article either but I find it hard to believe the Thai education system is better than the Irish one.

Well if every student in Ireland is automatically given 70% in every test no matter what their performance then you would be right.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

Surely if Thailand are giving every student 70% in every test no matter what their performance means that the Irish education system is indeed better than the Thai.
    Why would you bother trying under those circumstances and don't you think prospective employers know that this goes on there making it more difficult for your son to get a job.

Ireland is better than the majority of countries when it comes to educating our kids, I plan to move home when i have kids of school age and I am in the US not Thailand.

murfie wrote: »
    Surely if Thailand are giving every student 70% in every test no matter what their performance means that the Irish education system is indeed better than the Thai.
    Why would you bother trying under those circumstances and don't you think prospective employers know that this goes on there making it more difficult for your son to get a job.

Ireland is better than the majority of countries when it comes to educating our kids, I plan to move home when i have kids of school age and I am in the US not Thailand.

I think that you are right about the Irish education system. I am just hoping that I can make up for the deficiencies in the Thai one by helping at home.

Advertisement