Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paramedic training

Options
  • 25-08-2009 12:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I have been waiting for the opportunity in NI but there seems no recruitment at the moment and just missed the south. Has anyone experience of applying in England. It is a 3 year training course but am apprehensive about going alone. Different lifestyle, leaving family and friends behind, but am stuck in a job I dont particularly enjoy at the moment, although lucky to have! Any tips or anyone else considering it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

I cannot comment on the recruitment in England but what some are led to believe is that the recruitment programme in Ireland has at least another stage to go so the best of luck with it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭Elessar

I understand the London ambulance service are still advertising for student Paramedics. You could try that? Was thinking of it myself but it would be too much of a change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 walkingtheline

I have been asked to attend selection tests for East of England ambulance near Essex- Really unsure if I could cope with the change as well, undecided what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

I have been asked to attend selection tests for East of England ambulance near Essex- Really unsure if I could cope with the change as well, undecided what to do.

If Paramedic is what you want why not give it a try. It sure is a big change, but is the end result worth the change?? Only you can really decide what to do with your life and the direction you take. Its easy for me to say go for it, im in my dream job. But if its Paramedic you want why not go for it, qualify and after the three years if you want to come home, apply to PHECC and get registered here!

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Tango Alpha 51

If Paramedic is what you want why not give it a try. It sure is a big change, but is the end result worth the change?? Only you can really decide what to do with your life and the direction you take. Its easy for me to say go for it, im in my dream job. But if its Paramedic you want why not go for it, qualify and after the three years if you want to come home, apply to PHECC and get registered here!

Have to echo what NGA has stated above. If it's really what you want then go for it. The exp will do you a world of good. You might even like it over there & end up staying. One of our guys left for the LAS 6yrs ago. Did his paramedic training & now runs a successfull private ambulance company which he started up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement