Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 identical apartments being rented for 2 different prices?

Options
  • 25-08-2009 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

I am looking for a place to rent at the moment and found two apartments in the same building, identical but one is €50 dearer a month, why is that? They are 2 different landlords but if I say it to the dearer one would he take down the price or is it a case of he can charge whatever he wants?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Why would you approach the dearer one?? Is that apt better or has something different? would that be why its €50 dearer?

They can charge whatever they like and i've seen identical places with asking prices a lot wider than €50.
    Go for the which every but always haggle, wither its the cheaper one or not.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Landlords are free to charge whatever they choose. The fact that there is an identical one present- should be used by prospective tenants as a bargaining tool- but many simply will be unaware.

Its a case of doing your homework (as you have done).

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Are they on different floors? Ground floor is considered the least secure and most accessible. Upper floors are more secure and top floors may have views.

Is one better furnished? Does one have bad neighbours?

Of course, a difference of €50 a month isn't a whole lot and just demonstrates there is a bit of variety in the market.

Advertisement