Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway City bus routes

Options
  • 25-08-2009 2:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭

In particular the number 9
    from eyre square out to gmit

Just wondering will these buses pick people up not at bus stops or do they only stop at the bus stops

no big deal but the nearest bus stop from where im living on this routh is a 5 min walk

just extremly handy if they picked people up cause it runs right past my rented house

;)pity walking 5 mins in pouring rain if I could get picked up at the side of the road

Im thinking though they probaly dont do this??:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 stevendcarroll

Nope you'll have to get on at a stop! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Secoundrow

:(:( thought so,

think do bus eireann drivers take bribes?:rolleyes:

20c in a brown envelope should do the trick

hey im a student, not made of money:p

:oWould any one know what the price of a return ticket (or single) ticket is on these bus's (or the no.9)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Which end of Forster Court are you?

At the city end, there is a stop, which number 9's stop at, on Bothan Brendain ui Eithir, by the laundry/Go-Bus office.

JustMary wrote: »
    Which end of Forster Court are you?

At the city end, there is a stop, which number 9's stop at, on Bothan Brendain ui Eithir, by the laundry/Go-Bus office.

city end:)
    is their I thought the nearest was on eyre square:eek:
    bus stop F i beleive it is

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Intercity means between cities, is the gmit another city?

Changed...

thanks for the correction

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭mashling

A single journey is €1.60 for an adult.
    I think you can get monthly passes but I'm not sure how much they are...

Secoundrow wrote: »
    city end:)
    is their I thought the nearest was on eyre square:eek:
    bus stop F i beleive it is

There is: one woman is using it pretty regularly at the moment, and the drivers all seem to stop for her. (I had been sceptical, since the road is marked with double-yellows.)

The stop on Eyre Square is actually stop B, the one closest to the railway station on the east side of the square. (Some of my maps have the letters wrong sorry, I'm slowly fixing 'em up.)

There are weekly and monthly tickets: weekly run for any calendar week you choose (eg Thurs-Wed), monthly for calendar months only (eg August). You purchase them only at the BE office in the railway station, and need to have an ID (possibly photo ID) to do so. (Suspect you're supposed to carry the photo ID when you're using the bus, but I've never been asked for it.)

Current adult prices are E-1.60 for a single fare, E-17 for a weekly ticket (meaning you're saving the moment you take your 11th ride for the week) and <<don't know>> for the monthly ticket.

(Ahh, there's the guts of a FAQ written! ;) )

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Jaysus, you know your shtuff!

• Advertisement

Quite a lot of the credit goes to the nice people in this forum, I've learned heaps here.

JustMary wrote: »
    Quite a lot of the credit goes to the nice people in this forum, I've learned heaps here.

I think someone deserves a job with bus eireann

you just told me more than fthe feckin office in the station did:D

Advertisement