Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loosing virginity advice

Options
  • 25-08-2009 2:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Ok this is possibly the most embarassing thing I have ever put on a public forum. But here is the thing. I have never had sex with a girl before(I am a girl) and I have been seeing my girlfriend for a while now and we have come close to it once or twice, but not gone the whole way. She isn't a virgin.

I'm a bit nervous about it for a couple of reasons. Well I'm afraid I'll be crap and she wont enjoy it, especially since she has done it before, also and possibly most embarassing, I am not sure how to deal with pubic hair.
    Is there an etiqutte? I usually shave down there but leave some hair, a landing strip if you will because I don't like shaving that part. Is this acceptable?

I realise this post may sound silly, but seriously will you's throw me some advice.
    Oh also she knows I'm a virgin, if thats relevant I'm not sure lol. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Jafin

If she knows you're a virgin then Im sure she won't be too harsh on you.
    As Im a guy I cant advise you on the shaving situation though, sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Ok this is possibly the most embarassing thing I have ever put on a public forum. But here is the thing. I have never had sex with a girl before(I am a girl) and I have been seeing my girlfriend for a while now and we have come close to it once or twice, but not gone the whole way. She isn't a virgin.

I'm a bit nervous about it for a couple of reasons. Well I'm afraid I'll be crap and she wont enjoy it, especially since she has done it before, also and possibly most embarassing, I am not sure how to deal with pubic hair.
    Is there an etiqutte? I usually shave down there but leave some hair, a landing strip if you will because I don't like shaving that part. Is this acceptable?

I realise this post may sound silly, but seriously will you's throw me some advice.

Theres no point worrying about being good or bad the first time. It's almost guaranteed that you'll be terrible the first time around and anyone with an ounce of cop on will make allowances for that. Thinking of it logically, you're bound to improve after the first time so you'll always think of it as a below par experience. When people reflect on the things that where important about the first time around, few will mention having a fantastic organism, whereas most will talk about how good if felt to be doing with the right person, of having a connection.

As for public hair, that's all personal preference. She may enjoy heavy growth or not. You're going to be having sex with this person, doing something incredible intimate, surely a conversation about how she likes it wouldn't be out of line?

Just relax, and enjoy yourself. You don't need everything to be "perfect" the first time and there's only so much you can plan before faith/ the moment, takes over.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Dwn Wth Vwls

It's all about honest communication. That's pretty much the solution to everything. There is no point sitting around worrying about this stuff, when you could just talk to your girlfriend about it. She's the only one who knows if she cares what your pubes are like.

Everybody is a virgin at some point in their life; if she already knows about it then she obviously doesn't have a problem with it. She's your girlfriend because she likes you, not because of tales of your prowess in bed.

Yes, just go with the flow. The first time will be an exciting one and it will be new which means this is the only time you will ever have it.

For that reason it should not be a time to stress, but a time to relish what is new and exciting and shared. Most likely she will also relish that everything she does will be new to you too, so rather than being a burdeon or a let down, it will add to it all for her too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

As a gay guy I shouldnt really have too much advise on the matter, but
    after spending many a year trying not be and pleasing girls here's my 2 cents, sex is sex afterall-
    Get comfortable in your own skin, being naked together, kissin softly, exploring each others bodies, you def need to be relaxed with each other and I wouldnt recommend you take any "dutch courage"!
    Continue to take things slow with your girlfriend and to talk about what feels good. Where does she like it when you touch her? Where does she not like it?
    Where would she like you to touch her more? Let her teach you where and how she likes to be touched. (Girls seem to like the softly softly approach)
    Instead of being afraid of doing something wrong, look at it as a learning experience.
    There is no right way , whatever the manual says! Just go with what your comfortable with and you'll learn fast!
    ENJOY!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Fancy That

From a female point of view the one thing thats very very important here is that you guys discuss everything openly and honestly. This will help you both get an understanding of eachothers likes/dislikes and also bring you guys closer emotionally which will in turn make the 'deed' even more exciting.

I guess with any big step in a relaionship discussing things is a must.

And remember practice makes perfect ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

relax, enjoy yourself and shave it all off lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,189 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

For many women, 'all off' would be a major turn-off.

Talk to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 april99

Think talking to ur girlfriend would be the besy option but I know how scary it can be to try to bring something like that. Don't know if this has been mentioned before but would up consider going to a beautician for a "tidy" ? It doesn't have to be anything dramatic, like a landing strip or all off option , but might make u feel a bit more confident if u r worried about it. Most importantly, your girlfriend will completely understand ur fears as am sure she has had the exact same ones too. Best of luck !

• Registered Users Posts: 9 rhubarbular

re: body hair: as long as it's tidy i wouldn't worry about it- shaving everything off can make it a little odd and pre-pubescent looking :3 and enjoy yourself :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement