Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New AFI

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭ADTR

Looking forward to this album. Haven't listened to the new song. Waiting to hear the whole album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭ADTR

So, did anybody get this? Have to say I really enjoy it. It's not old A.F.I, but I wasn't expecting that. I like the way this band has progressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,890 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Bumpidy bump

Got the album today and it's not bad on first listen.

'Sing The Sorrow' is my favourite AFI album by a long way, and there are parts of 'Crash Love' that aren't too far removed from it. There's no real 'singles' on it which is good and it seems to be one of those albums that flows from start to finish without needing to skip a song.

I don't think it's an improvement on previous efforts but it's a solid offering.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

"Darling I Want To Destroy You" is the song that first jumped out at me, not a bad album, I'll definatly be giving it plenty more listens over the coming weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Miasima Goria

New stuff seems a bit ... is the Goth word banned here?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

It's not a patch on the old stuff or even december underground, and no no no I'm not one to bash a band for evolving and changing I'm talking about the quality of content here not the changes in sound or direction or what ever.

It's an album of 2 halves in my opinion. 1st 5 or 6 songs are ok but the later songs did nothing at all for me. I was looking forward to it especially after hearing them talk about it's direction and sound some months back. But after several listens was severely let down by it :(

Maybe in time it will grow on me , who knows :confused:

At the moment though I feel it's a long way off them at their best.

Advertisement