Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HOW ON EARTH our second round offer people supposed to get sorted in time

Options
  • 25-08-2009 7:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

Ok so residency opens on 31st course probably starts next week, how are second round offer people supposed to get everything organised in time, like accomodation and stuff, anyone who took anoffer in second round advice please, as im coming from UK.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Firstly Residency?

And it can be done, you just need to calm down first, then work out a list of what you need to do. You've probably worked out a lot of it already because you had probably hoped you'd be coming to ucd.

I got my offer in the 3rd round when I went to UCD, I got the offer on the Friday, decided I would take it on the Sunday and started college on the Tuesday so it can be done.

First things first, get some packing done. Book any travel you may need.

Don't bother worrying about things like pots, pans, duvets etc, just bring your clothes and stuff, you can pick up pretty much everything else fairly cheaply here.

If you don't have accomodation sorted, book yourself a hotel/hostel for a few nights, or if you have friends/family in town bunk with them. Then start hitting daft.ie and looking for house shares for yourself.

You wont' need more than a pen and notepad for the first while so don't stress about running about getting books and stuff, just have those and you'll be okay for the first week or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

You can also put your name on the waiting list for campus residencies, provided they're full, if you get and accept your offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 jojoucd

I see they have reallocated rooms to middle and inner rings so it should be ok to get it. Keep checking on line. I heard the applications are running into september to fill possible cancellations.

Advertisement