Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macroom Lughnasa!!??

Options
  • 25-08-2009 8:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭

Was it just me or did the weekend in Macroom just seem as dead as any other weekend?? If I didn't know the Lughnasa festival was on I wouldn't have known any different, there didn't seem to be any extra people floating around at all!

My wife is pregnant at the moment so we didn't venture out to the pub, but from the couple of times we drove through the town we didn't notice any different whatsoever!!

We did see the couple of market stalls in the square after mass on Sunday though, they looked a little dreary to me, looked as if some of them were thinking about packing up and going.

Suppose the rough weather didn't help the festival much but did any one hear how it went off?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Well we went to Cronins on Sat night followed by a trip to a few other bars who's names i can't rememember - one had loads of antiques on the walls? It seemed pretty busy enough to me. My sister lives nearby and it was my first time going out in the town, i was suitably impressed. There's isn't many ''niteclubs'' (and i use the term loosely) that will allow you bring chinese into their establishment. :D There was definitely a lot of tourists/outsiders around the town on Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

grenache wrote: »
    Well we went to Cronins on Sat night followed by a trip to a few other bars who's names i can't rememember - one had loads of antiques on the walls?

The place with the antique is called Goldens though most locals call it Gerardas or something like that. I like that pub actually, quaint and different.
    grenache wrote: »
    My sister lives nearby and it was my first time going out in the town, i was suitably impressed.

Cronins is nice too though you would get fed up going to the same places...hardly a lot of choice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭pe-cze

To be honest I went straight to the pub, didt even bother about staying in the frezing cold on the square...

Advertisement