Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brunette to Blonde

• 25-08-2009 8:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

So I haven't broken up with anyone, and I haven't lost my job, and yet I'm dying for a drastic image change. In the past my hair has been every colour imaginable. Pink, blue, red,...it got to the point where my hair colour was a subject for general familial discussion. My nieces and nephews wanted me to dye it green and my parents just sighed... If only I was Tonks and could change my hair colour at will I would save a fortune. I know a Harry Potter reference. I apologise...
    Anyways, the reason I'm posting is that as I have got a job, the days of pink hair have gone and so blonde seemed like a valid option. In the face of recession, I figure dying a bit of blonde optimism into my life is just what's needed. Can someone recommend a good hairdresser for this specific colour-change. Is the upkeep maintenance extremely high?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 redgp

This is my best kept secret. I'm a suicide blonde (dyed by my own hands). I used Clariol Loving Care light blonde and it picks up the natural highlights in your hair. All my friends have stopped going to the hairdresser for highlights and copied me because it looks like I've spent hundreds building the colour up!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

redgp wrote: »
    This is my best kept secret. I'm a suicide blonde (dyed by my own hands). I used Clariol Loving Care light blonde and it picks up the natural highlights in your hair. All my friends have stopped going to the hairdresser for highlights and copied me because it looks like I've spent hundreds building the colour up!!

Were you a brunette to begin with though?!

Nice joke btw! :)

Noooooooo , there are too many blondes !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 A.Blinkin

Hahahaha. You're right really but I'm so boooored with it. And last time I was blonde it was a pink-hair-wash-out mistake and it ended up looking pretty good so I figured why the feck not. How often do you put the Clairol in redgp? Is it just like highlights or is it actually blonde. I'm pretty pale so I was thinking of a cool blonde colour. And by the way, if I do dye my own hair, I'm stealing your pun. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 redgp

I was actually really dark red. Some people said it was nearly black and mine is now blonde, blonde. Check out the colours. I went with light, light blonde and you have t build it up. Much quicker and cheaper than a hairdresser!! I do it every 6-8 weeks. To be honest, I had natural highlights and it's picked up on them so it looks natural. I don't know about going ice blonde....it might be too harsh!! Unless you match it up with some wicked red lipstick!! x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Agent S

Hey, how you doing?

So I decided to go blonde again about 6 weeks ago and was researching for aaaaggggeeeesss before I decided to go to my local, newly-opened salon in Stepaside. It's called La Belle. Didn't know anyone who had previously been there so took a (massive :eek: ) leap of faith and went in.

The colourist was absolutely amazing. I had opted to go for highlights to build up the colour as my natural colour is lightish brown. She put in a whole load of highlights in 2 different colours but they were very fine and close to the root. I was told that it would take about 3-4 goes to lift it to the colour that I wanted but it ended up being perfect after 2 goes (I went back 4 weeks later). Not only that, but I didn't have the same colourist the 2nd time and the result was still fabulous. Really love those girls in there. Getting my hair cut tomorrow evening there too so will see how they get on with that but I have full faith ;)

As if a brilliant experience wasn't enough, how much does a full head of highlights and a blowdry cost in there? €95 and my hair is just longer that my bra strap on my the back. €95!!

Good luck with going blonde wherever you end up going! I'm totally thrilled with my new 'do!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 A.Blinkin

So I was too poor to go to the haridresser and the chemist didn't have the Loving Care colour you recceommended redgp, so I went with the Clairol Nice N' Easy permanent. First time it came out kinda strawberry blonde, which after the initial few shrieks I started to actually like. A few weeks later I put it in again and it lightened it up slightly but didn't make a huge amount of difference. The colour I wanted would have been a cool blonde but I've ended up with more of a golden. Not sure whether to dye it again myself or to scrimp together the pennies to get it done in the salon, as I'm not sure I'll be able to achieve the look I want by myself...

Advertisement