Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Name/Number Printing

• 25-08-2009 9:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,462 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know anywhere that does this cheap?

My mate bought an Arsenal kit a week or so back with Fabregas on the back, and got it done for free (lifestyle in Tallagh) so I had a look in Lifestyle in Dundrum yesterday. Went up with the jersey (new United Keeper kit - white) and asked how much it was.... 1.50 per letter and 7 per number - so 23euro for Foster 12 on it! left it and put the jersey back.

Anyone know anywhere that do good deals for this, anyone know if the lifestyle deal my mate got was a promotional thing or something?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Why don't you just ring the place where your mate got it done and ask them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

That free print offer changes around the lifestyle stores. Was in Swords on the weekend of the Man. Utd. home jersey launch and Charlestown a bit before that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Lifestyle in Stephens Green and Carrickmines both do free printing if you buy the shirt there.

I was nearly sure Dundrum did it too, maybe you just got an idiot. Did u mention the free thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,462 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

cheers - the GF is in town tomorrow, so i may ring a few of the Lifestyle stores this evening to see if they are doing it for free (and have the shirt in stock)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Why Foster? :pac:

• Advertisement

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Why Foster? :pac:
    Cause i can't spell Kuzack...Kuzczak...Kzczack.....

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

Kuszczak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

why even bother with getting it done?each to their own i suppose. lifestyle is prob yer best bet

anplaya wrote: »
    why even bother with getting it done?each to their own i suppose. lifestyle is prob yer best bet

I think the tops look better with a name/number on the back

as i said each to their own,looks a bit weird t see a grown man wearing a printed up jersey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

as i said each to their own,looks a bit weird t see a grown man wearing a printed up jersey
    Hmm interesting. Might be worth adding a poll to see what the general opinion on this is.

Personally I don’t find it weird at all. In fact Im thinking of getting Scholes 18 on the new United jersey. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I got both my Arsenal jerseys in Lifestyle in Dundrum last year.

During the summer I got the home one with 'Vela, 12' on the back as I bought the jersey and had to pay for it.

MY girlfriend got me the away jersey for Christmas and the only Arsenla player you can get on your away jersey is Fabregas because he's the only person they order the red lettering for, which I though was a bit of a joke as I wanted to get Nasri or Ramsey.

i dunno,i think with kids its fine but when yer grown up and that ,nah .

Personally I don’t find it weird at all.
    Are you a grown man though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I get all my shirts printed. Think it gives them that 'complete' look.

Getting Tevez on this year's home and Ireland and on the limited edition 3rd shirt.

I've had some shockers though - McManaman, Barton x2, Stephen Jordan....

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I've had some shockers though - McManaman, Barton x2, Stephen Jordan....
    Next door neighbour's kid got Keane on his Liverpool jersey. Only got a couple of weeks out of it and the poor little fecker is still wearing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Whats wrong with getting a player on the back, your buying the top to show support for your favourite club why not get a name to show support for your favourite player :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Frisbee wrote: »
    I got both my Arsenal jerseys in Lifestyle in Dundrum last year.

During the summer I got the home one with 'Vela, 12' on the back as I bought the jersey and had to pay for it.

MY girlfriend got me the away jersey for Christmas and the only Arsenla player you can get on your away jersey is Fabregas because he's the only person they order the red lettering for, which I though was a bit of a joke as I wanted to get Nasri or Ramsey.

To get the lettering, numbers perfect you might as well just order the shirt off the club shop, might cost a little extra but you know it will be near perfect with the proper lettering etc, especially for away jerseys,3rd kits etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Slightly off topic , did anyone hear about the Man U fan who got

Hillsborough 96 , not enough

It's resulted inthe shop changing their rules so that only names of current squad players are allowed to be printed

http://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/news2/Hillsborough-insult-on-Manchester-United.5571693.jp

Thats going to stop a lot of fathers printing their boys name on the shirt , or like my brother he was given an Arsenal shirt for his 30th with his name and the number 30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Surely the shop assistant would bend the rules for a young lad to get his name on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

To get the lettering, numbers perfect you might as well just order the shirt off the club shop, might cost a little extra but you know it will be near perfect with the proper lettering etc, especially for away jerseys,3rd kits etc.

And also they use name templates so the alignment is always spot on.

Having said that, none of the shirts I ever printed were even the slightest bit off :cool:

One lad did a print in my place before. Yound lad wanted Edu on his Arsenal shirt. Ended up with 'Eud' :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Kuszczak

You do realise you've spelt it differently in your sig? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭ccosgrave

I just rang Lifestyle in Dundrum there asking if they do free printing. They said that was an offer that was going on in all Lifestyle Sports shops but it ended about two weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

if i was getting my utd jersey done it be Rooney 100

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Headshot wrote: »
    if i was getting my utd jersey done it be Rooney 100

Not Owen 1 then?:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Not Owen 1 then?:pac:

maybe Owen 1 ,Tevez 0

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,412 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I agree,most of my jerseys have no names on them ,and the 2 that do ,have my own name on it.:D
    I think it looks tacky and childish for an adult to have a name on the back .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

You do realise you've spelt it differently in your sig? :p

good spot

Advertisement