Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That nasty Clearasil ad?

Options
  • 25-08-2009 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭

Well,what do you think?The one where the guy mouth rapes the girl.Any opinions? and girls specifically what would you do if a lad did that to you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I he was good looking then it wouldnt even be as bad but he looks like a smarmy git who should be working in a chipper.
    Id probably just make a weird noise and back away from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

knee him where the sun dont shine :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

The girl in the ad seemed pleased. Is she out of her mind?!! :eek:
    id shout in his face "wtf!" and shove the lipstick that he asked to borrow from me into his face :).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Well first of all if a guy asked to borrow my lipstick I'd say no. The amount of cold sores and shit that could be spread. Bleugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

"Can I borrow your lipstick"

"Eh...no."

The greasy fecker leans in, and I bear mace him.

/ad

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

If that was me, I'd probably look at him, then at my friends and we'd all start laughing our heads off at him. What guy asks for lipstick off a girl in the first place? Unless he's intending to bat for other team.........

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I'd shove him away and say "wtf?". Then I'd look around for any hidden cameras.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

That ad was so badly dubbed and awkward. ****in ****e ad with less then average looking arsebandits

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Scrambled egg

Loaf him as he comes in for the kill .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

"Clearasil:May cause confidence" should be changed to "Clearasil:May cause sexual deviency".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Blackie93

"Clearasil:May cause confidence" should be changed to "Clearasil:May cause sexual deviency".

Hahaha, nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I'm guessing the girls are supposed to be fairly smashed, only way to explain it. If that worked, i'd spend my time doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

That ad was so badly dubbed and awkward. ****in ****e ad with less then average looking arsebandits

All their ads are dubbed, they're too cheap to make an English advert! Their most annoying one I think is, the one where the student in the lecture room stands up says to the teacher that he doesn't mind if he thinks of him in his underwear

Then Chris from old Skins does the voiceover.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Em ... I think the point is that they're meant to be totally OTT. They're basically ripping the piss out of themselves!

I think the premise of some of them is good, including that one where the lad asks to borrow her lipstick and then takes it direct from her lips, though I agree they could be better produced.

Of course it would never happen in real life, any more than the poser in the lecture hall, but that's the whole point!

Or are we knocking them because none of us would ever have the balls to try it, lads?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

Em ... I think the point is that they're meant to be totally OTT. They're basically ripping the piss out of themselves!

I think the premise of some of them is good, including that one where the lad asks to borrow her lipstick and then takes it direct from her lips, though I agree they could be better produced.

Of course it would never happen in real life, any more than the poser in the lecture hall, but that's the whole point!

Or are we knocking them because none of us would ever have the balls to try it, lads?! :D
    I would probably be somebody nuts enough to try. I inherited my fathers lack of a sense of shame, he would take the piss out of a random stranger in the middle of one of his gigs on front of the entire crowd if they annoyed him.
    He also asked a "gangster" looking 13 year old wearing a bandanna "Is your head going to get better soon" while walking around killarney, i nearly wet myself with the laughter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

I'll put my hand up and say No I wouldn't have the balls to,But after reading these responses if I did I wouldn't have said balls for very long either

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fince

very american

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭AllInOne

If you liked a guy, and he tried this on you, you would totally soon so hard!
    If the guy was somewhat cute and he tried this on you, you would also swoon so hard :P*

I just love how ballsy it is. You'd have to be a real man to pull it off!

*By you, I mean me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Depending on the mood I'd either swoon like a bitch or remove his testicles with the lipstick

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Depending on the mood I'd either swoon like a bitch or remove his testicles with the lipstick

:)
    This is very difficult logistics to figure out :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Want to help me prove it's feasibility? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I believe it's some form of masochism...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭OopsyDaisy

It should be an add for extra...cos if he has bad breath, i doubt he'll be going any further with that girl :P

I agree with earlier posts, I think if someone had the balls to do this that the confidence would be sexy...unless you really don't like them, in which case it would probably make you not like them more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

One of the lads did something similar to me one day 'What does your lipgloss taste like?' but if it was a random stranger? Punch in the face :pac:

Meh, I've had lipstick on them before, they haven't fallen off yet! :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Many ways to twist this offer there is :pac:

Offer or off him?! :pac:

/hides

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Very poor choice of words.

Advertisement