Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Urgent Help Needed!

• 25-08-2009 10:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I am in need of urgent help regarding a HP Scanjet N8460 and Windows Vista SP2.

I am scanning the archives of my fathers office using this scanner and the inbuilt HP software.

Yesterday it worked fine yet today when I scanned a document it wouldnt save, the HP program would freeze and I would have to try again. I have not been able to scan one document today.

I then tried to uninstall and reinstall the software again, but now I get a terminal error causing a rollback of the installation so I cant reinstall.

The error is

" HP Smart Document Scan Software Installer Information

Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly component
    {AE56AAF5-F3C0-3D4B-8859-A1E50A3E27BF}, HRESULT; 0x80070422.

The computer has been "streamlined" to cope with the Vista load on system resources so some service have been disable but they have been disable for months so I do not understand why now it has happened, however if there are any services I need check please list them.

Computer Spec
    The Computer is a Dell Dimension 9200
    2.13 Core 2 duo CPU
    2GB ram

Thanks
    Rob

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

Have you tried to do a system restore? Sounds too simple, but sometimes it really does solve these weird problems when you don't know what went wrong from one day to the next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭GTE

Fudge, the system restore on this computer doesnt seem to be working :S

Thanks for the reply though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

make sure Windows Installer Service is enabled

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭GTE

I have just done that and it is enabled.
    The installation starts and keeps going till the last section of the installation and I get the error. So its not that particular service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭polyfusion

Did you read this: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/fastFaqLiteDocument?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=uk&docname=c00461235&product=343094

Looks like messy sh!t. I don't envy you! Good luck with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

Just googled Error 1935

Abandoning ship :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Tried using another desktop, or possibly a laptop OP?

I know its not the solution, but its a work around.

Advertisement