Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporty pubs in Cork City

Options
  • 25-08-2009 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

I know that this has probably been done to death, but I really am clueless.

I'm going down from Dublin this weekend for a long weekend and we are hoping to catch both the United v Arsenal game on Ssaturday and the Meath v Kerry game on Sunday. Can anyone recommend any really good sports pubs? We are staying in Jurys on Western Road, but I guess anywhere in the City would be great.

Thanks a million for your help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭johncm

the old aok on oliver plunket st will be busy for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

SoHo

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭nuts86

the courthouse or the wash, both very close to your hotel, less than 5mins walk

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Yeah Soho on Grand Parade is fine and dandy place to watch a match.

If you're looking for top customer service and good grub while you watch said match, check out the The Flying Enterprise at South Gate Bridge, just down from South Main St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Costigans on Washington Street isnt a bad place for watching matches. They have 4 or 5 screens, including one in the smoking area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

I also second Costigans - you can even bring order pizza from across the road and bring it in!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement