Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegetarian Restaurant Advice

Options
  • 25-08-2009 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi guys,ive been a veggie for years now and ive never been to a vegetarian restaurant in dublin!!
    So being my birthday this weekend think il take the plunge and ideas?
    Thanks

P.S my first ever post(nervous)

Comments

So you've been to Café Paradiso?
    I think that is basically the ultimate.

The restaurants in Dublin are more Café style.
    For what it is worth, I prefer Cornucopia.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Salvodor Herb

Moonbaby wrote: »
    So you've been to Café Paradiso?
    I think that is basically the ultimate.

The restaurants in Dublin are more Café style.
    For what it is worth, I prefer Cornucopia.

No i have never been,i was almost there till i checked the price list outside!!
    maybe one day i will heard it is amazing
    Quay co-op i like
    hmm really thats a pity..so fed up of one veggie option in restaurants
    Thanks;)

No i have never been,i was almost there till i checked the price list outside!!
    maybe one day i will heard it is amazing
    Quay co-op i like
    hmm really thats a pity..so fed up of one veggie option in restaurants
    Thanks;)

Try Yammamori on the quays if your up in Dublin.
    It has a lovely atmosphere and several veggie options and once you go for lunch it is quite cheap.

But if it was me, I'd be splashing out on Paradiso. I've heard it is amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Have a read through these two past posts if you'd like some more ideas:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055584890
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055409550

and welcome to boards and the veggie fourm :)

Have a read through these two past posts if you'd like some more ideas:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055584890
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055409550

and welcome to boards and the veggie fourm :)

Thanks rasmus,yea looks like yamamori is a good shout from moonbaby
    im so hungry now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

Cafe paradiso Is out of this world good, totally totally worth the extra few bucks! You in cork much herb?

Cafe paradiso Is out of this world good, totally totally worth the extra few bucks! You in cork much herb?

It seems to be the utopia for us veggies in ireland
    i will save up for it!!
    yes soon as college starts back down there:)
    'im a dublin man in cork'..."not quiet a english man in new york"
    Hahaha

and yourself?all year round?

and yourself?all year round?

Yup starting back in colaiste in september unfortunately, I love cork though so happy to be here. What course ya doing? Ye just missed a crazy meetup at my place in Cork we'll have to get you out next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭radia

Darwin's on Aungier Street has a vegetarian menu as well as their regular meaty one. Means you've got more choice than just the token veg option on many menus. You can see their menu here (click on the tab for vegetarian menu). It's a bit more of an "occasion" restaurant than Cornucopia, which I tend to think of as very much daytime casual.

Indian restaurants also have plenty of choice obviously.

And another mixed restaurant that usually has a good vegetarian selection is 101 Talbot. Cheaper than Darwin's, but atmosphere is a bit canteen-y (i.e. you wouldn't bring someone there if you were trying to impress them, but if it's just you and some friends on a night out it's fine).

Yup starting back in colaiste in september unfortunately, I love cork though so happy to be here. What course ya doing? Ye just missed a crazy meetup at my place in Cork we'll have to get you out next time!

(Khrys i tried reply to the message you sent but im a newbie and said i need 25 posts to do that...lost)

Haha and your my first visitor message replied too,oh we could milk this more haha,ah thanks for all the welcome makes me wanna hang round this virtual abode,so yes i study Herbal science in"wonderful Cork"

• Advertisement

(Khrys i tried reply to the message you sent but im a newbie and said i need 25 posts to do that...lost)

Haha and your my first visitor message replied too,oh we could milk this more haha,ah thanks for all the welcome makes me wanna hang round this virtual abode,so yes i study Herbal science in"wonderful Cork"

OMG you're not serious! PLEASE can I meet you for a coffee in Cork when you're back!? I'd love to talk to someone on that course cos I'm thinking of doing it after this one!

OMG you're not serious! PLEASE can I meet you for a coffee in Cork when you're back!? I'd love to talk to someone on that course cos I'm thinking of doing it after this one!

Oh i love your enthusiasm :)of course yes,no idea when im back as of yet!you dont work in a wine bar do ya?

Oh i love your enthusiasm :)of course yes,no idea when im back as of yet!you dont work in a wine bar do ya?

Nope I work in the nnutrition department of UCC, excellent can't wait to meet you, new Corkonians yay!

Nope I work in the nnutrition department of UCC, excellent can't wait to meet you, new Corkonians yay!

it was jus i talked to my old boss and he was telling me a girl who studies nutrition is working there now...steady on il take m..duborkian!;)

it was jus i talked to my old boss and he was telling me a girl who studies nutrition is working there now...steady on il take m..duborkian!;)

hmmm.. probably know her so... Ya us cork boardsians are always trying to big up our stats in the looming face of dubbetarian oppression lol!

hmmm.. probably know her so... Ya us cork boardsians are always trying to big up our stats in the looming face of dubbetarian oppression lol!

Its a small cork alright,ok you may count me in against the oppression,what area of cork you at?city(like):D

Mu ha ha! our numbers are growing.... I'm in north cork in the stix actually Mallow like! :pac:

Advertisement