Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Koh Samet or Koh Chang?

• 25-08-2009 11:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

I posted this already in the Travel & Holidays forum but not getting any responses, so i'll try here too. Hope thats ok with the mods!

Heading back to Thailand for 3/4 weeks in December and trying to decide between Koh Samet or Koh Change for a few days. The plan is to spend a few days in BKK before heading to one of these islands for 3/4 nights only, and then back to BKK to meet up with a friend.

I'm a 31 year old male who will be travelling alone, more than happy to chill out and read and book for the 3/4 days, but also open to some knightlife and some mingling with other fellow backpackers.

Has anyone been to both of these islands who can point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

If you are interested in meeting up with fellow backpackers then Ko Chang is probably your best bet. It's also a lot busier with plenty of things to do on the island.

If you are just interested in a handy short break from BKK then Ko Samed is a great option. It's a lot more popular with locals taking a weekend trip from BKK then as a backpacker destination but that's something I like about the place. You'd have a nightmare trying to get a place to stay there on a public holiday though.

I've basically taken 3/4 day breaks from BKK to both islands and I'd return to Samed before Chang but that's just me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Bri~

I like the idea of Koh Samet, I think I'll go there for 2/3 nights, Tuesday - Friday kind of thing.

Thanks for the advice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

I've only been to Koh Chang but I really liked it. It was low season (early July) and there wasn't many tourists around so not sure what it's like in December.
    I'd definitely go back though, some beautiful beaches and rainforests. I didn't see as much of the island as I'd have liked but did have a good time.

Advertisement