Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Metal Album of all time

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

nth-ing St Anger, adding in

karmacode.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Sacred Steel - Reborn in Steel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 844 ✭✭✭yknaa

Any takers for Anvil 'Metal on metal'? Can't say I am impressed with any Krokus stuff I heard either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

yknaa wrote: »
    Any takers for Anvil 'Metal on metal'? Can't say I am impressed with any Krokus stuff I heard either.

haha yeah Anvil arent the best but you gotta love the Cheesy title track Metal On Metal:D As a crazy iced earth fan im going to go with this(I know its already being mentioned but it truly was rubbish):mad:

1065.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

karmacode.jpg

That was a terrible album alright, with those truly awful nu metal guitars. The new one is more or less the same, except even more commercial and watered down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 stephen_mch

St anger, of course, and anything by limp bizkit. I know they're not metal, but they seem to think they are. Actually maybe St. Anger was secretly released by limp bizkit. With a bad james hetfield impersonator singing, that would explain a lot!

Also anything by mastodon. I know im not narrowing things down here but i hate them so much :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭gerocks

Also anything by mastodon. I know im not narrowing things down here but i hate them so much :mad:
    You are wrong about Mastodon.
    Amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 stephen_mch

Yeah i know loads of people love them, just my opinion though cant get into them at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Nah, Im not too keen on em either.
    I dont see what all the fuss is about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Really should rename this thread "Albums and bands I don't like"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

karmacode.jpg

A bit over the top. Karmacode isn't their best but it's certainly not Lacuna Coil's St. Anger, nor can it be considered one of the worst metal albums ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

GrizzlyMan wrote: »
    here is another obvious one......actually anything after Rust In Peace!

Megadeth-Risk-Frontal.jpg

Liar, Wanderlust is one of my favourite megadeth songs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Anna Molly

Trivium:mad:
    Ascendancy was good, listenable. Cheesey, but listenable.
    Anything after that, UGH

BULLETFORMY****INVALENTINE they can cock off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

St anger is all I can think of at the moment!

What ever about the nu metal guitars, its the out of tune snare that gets me:eek: I cant listen to more than 1 song of that album at a time, i cant get my mind off the snare, it sounds like kicking one those plastic footballs you could buy in a pound shop :pac:
    Anna Molly wrote: »
    Trivium:mad:
    Ascendancy was good, listenable. Cheesey, but listenable.
    Anything after that, UGH

+1
    I liked Ascendancy, but the next metallica Trivium album was poor

alot of Nu-metal fans wont like this choice but it has to be mentioned:
    fearfactory-digimortal1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

SharkSandwich.gif

Shark Sandwich (Polymer, 1980): With this comeback album, its first with Polymer and the first release following the death of Peter "James" Bond, Tap began to explore its heavy metal calling. The result received mixed reviews. While Entertainment Weekly rated it A+ and wrote that "you'd have to go clear back to Brueghel for an equally heady brew of hardworking Everyman earthiness and primal barnyard lust," DiBergi read the boys a two-word review during his documentary that simply said, "**** Sandwich." The album, which was weighted by a disastrous promotion attempt that involved sending shark sandwiches to reviewers, includes the nihilistic "No Place Like Nowhere," the disco hit "Throb Detector" and, of course, the monster "Sex Farm." Derek considers it one of his favorite Tap albums. "It's close to my heart because I snuck into the mixing studio after the other lads had left and turned up my bass part."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Kered75

Damm i've bought some stinkers in my time but i can't think of any right now as they have all been packed away for the last year.I have to dig them out soon.

On St Anger though I've never actually listened to the whole album through even though I have tried,its just the sound of it,makes the ears bleed.I only manage the first 3 or 4 songs and it has to go off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

alot of Nu-metal fans wont like this choice but it has to be mentioned:
    Fearfactory-digimortal

Madness........it's a decent album...

there really are very few comments in this thread about Worst Metal Album of all time.........nearly all albums people haven't liked in the last few years......

one of the worst things I've heard is :-
    Guns 'n' Roses - The Spagetti Incident

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

NIBBS wrote: »
    one of the worst things I've heard is :-
    Guns 'n' Roses - The Spagetti Incident

There are worse than that one.

At The Gates......pick the musical notes out of that band.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Don't make me post a jpeg of Slaughter of the Soul because I'll do it... so help me god I will.

Assuming you're slating At The Gates that is, I'm tired and confused at such a statement. :confused:

• Advertisement

What!!!!!!!!!!! 'at the gates' rule....and yes all their albums are amazing just because their early stuff isnt over produced like most Sh*t out there doesnt mean their isnt alot of amazing melody!!!....too late i have to post the jpeg my friend!!!!!!!!!
    atg-slaughter.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

What!!!!!!!!!!! 'at the gates' rule....and yes all their albums are amazing just because their early stuff isnt over produced like most Sh*t out there doesnt mean their isnt alot of amazing melody!!!....too late i have to post the jpeg my friend!!!!!!!!!

well said......Slaughter At The Soul is a class album........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Siobhan.

Mastodon are genius..powerful stuff
    Anything be Trivium or BFMV is dire..but they just think theyr metal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

"Libertad" by Velvet Revolver.................worst album EVER! I got it for about 8 quid(duty free), in Stansted Airport, and I think I was ripped off!!? It's that poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

load.jpg
    album-city-of-evil.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Load is actually a decent album if you approach it for what it is not for what it's not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Stev_o wrote: »
    Load is actually a decent album if you approach it for what it is not for what it's not.

Qft, I liked Load but I also liked the whole direction Metallica went with around that time, even if they didn't quite pull it off as well as they did with their thrashy albums.

Advertisement