Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My awful realtionship+ex's

• 25-08-2009 12:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Ok i have to go private on this,just wonder what people views on friends with ex'es,i know some people can be friends with theirs to a certain point,but my problem was,i met this girl long time ago,she was nice to me and such,the hooked up with her then bf,they where lovely dubly,very affectionate with eachother in public,then they broke up,but remainded as friends,then she got together with me this was fine,but started to get to me at certain points,when we used to hang out together she was more talkative with her ex than with me,then there where otherstuff like on the social sites where she was very quiet on them comparing to time she was with her ex,then the straw broke the camels back the other day,she complaining to me that her ex had a certain thing on his page that upsetted her,i asked her why should you care what he does,she said he was a "mate",then other day i seen them talking about the past,she went mad i told some friends we dated,i just coundnt live through this madness,personally i felt i was hard done by,like i was dateing a completey different person,a really heartless person,so i broke up and cut my lost,was i right?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭puglover

TBH you aren't being very clear. I don't see how you were hard done by at all.

You have a problem with your gf being friends with an ex is that right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

If her behaviour is annoying you that much then yes.

However if you just broke up because she is still mates with an ex - then you might want to reconsider. It is possible and with a history there will be some things they will be closer about.

As you spend time with someone you make your own history but you should never expect them to dump a friend just cause. Unless maybe you had cause for jealousy - ie were there signs she still cared a bit too much.

Again - if there was then maybe you did the right thing here.

Why not sit down with her and explain why you needed the break and see if you can work it out - but if you don't think you can trust her or just cannot stand how she is with her friend (ex) then maybe this is for the best.

Advertisement