Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ceramic shower tray

Options
  • 25-08-2009 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭

does anyone know where i might get a ceramic shower tray. i have a problem in an upstairs en-suite. have had 2 fibreglass trays and both have cracked even though fitted correctly. i think the joists under the floor might be moving slightly. alternatively is there a way to fix a small crack in this tray .
    thanks folks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

John it just actually sounds like the existing shower tray was not fitted correctly.

There is 2 types of ceramic shower tray on the market at the moment,

One is ceramic stone resin shower tray. Advantages is it looks well all the time and your not to worried about bleach staining.

second is stone resin shower tray with acrylic capping. This is sold like a ceramic tray but not cold to stand on. Bleach does not respond very well in these,

The second option has been fitted to around 1 million homes in the past 4 years. The first option about 250000 so you can judge for yourself.

Note: There is loads of acrylic tray. I have not mentioned these cause you do not want one. PM me with you address and i will tell you the nearest place to buy them

Advertisement