Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website ideas

Options
  • 25-08-2009 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭

ok,

hey lads!, I want to make a website but dont know what to put on it! I need some ideas! I know that people say that you should make a website that your interested it! Well im lost of ideas!

I want to make a site that could be popular!

any ideas,
    if possible, could ye pm them to me! thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

You could make a blog and blog about everything that interests you. After a while look at all your posts and see what you are most passionate about. Then make a site to do with that topic?

Or, you could find a problem that people have and make a solution for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Make a forum and call it bored.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

Make a forum and call it bored.ie.

I would like something that would just be to ireland and then upgrade to uk... cant do a fourm, boards.ie is too good!

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

I tried doing one on someone else's hobby, bad idea!!!
    Your better off sticking to what you know and like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

Mike... wrote: »
    I tried doing one on someone else's hobby, bad idea!!!
    Your better off sticking to what you know and like

well I really like web designing and bein inspired!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Why don't you do a site about inspired web design? :pac:

i.e. the web's best design and implementation stories...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

You could make a micro-blogging site that keeps track of how many people around the world at any given moment are sitting on the toilet with their net-enabled device.
    Users would be expected to rate the difficulty of delivery, relative size, and post-plop satisfaction.
    This data could be aggregated and displayed on the front page of the site in the form of graphs and such.
    You could have a weekly top 10 by country... say the 10 countries with the most painful craps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

i agree that you should stick to what you like / are interested in...

here's some ideas, courtesy of my own idea for a website - iwantideas.com :pac:

see - it's that easy... pick a topic, check out the competition and if there is none or you think you can do it better, go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

You could make a micro-blogging site that keeps track of how many people around the world at any given moment are sitting on the toilet with their net-enabled device.
    Users would be expected to rate the difficulty of delivery, relative size, and post-plop satisfaction.
    This data could be aggregated and displayed on the front page of the site in the form of graphs and such.
    You could have a weekly top 10 by country... say the 10 countries with the most painful craps.
    Could also allow people to upload photos and we could rate them 'hot or not' style. socialpooping.com is available too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

oeb wrote: »
    Could also allow people to upload photos and we could rate them 'hot or not' style. socialpooping.com is available too!
    ratemypoo.com has that market all sewn up. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 chillyvanilly

ratemypoo.com has that market all sewn up. :(

Very original idea, useful like in "you are what you eat". This picture that i saw
    i think that that person is very ill, cos it had a very loose consistence.

Advertisement