Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel in Ireland 2009

Options
  • 25-08-2009 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

hey i know not very exotic but would really like to travel around Ireland, am keen traveller and photographer would like to know if anyone could recommend any nice towns/places to go in Ireland to get some great snaps. I'm from Dublin and am planning to hopefully do 2 week trip busing around Ireland. All ideas welcome. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Personally, I would love to start off on the North Antrim coast, work my way around and down the west coast and end up in Waterford, with maybe a visit to Enniscorthy on the way back to Dublin.

Don't ask me how to do it by bus, but I reckon you'd get some nice photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭_ZeeK_

I'm from Galway... so naturally I'll recommend Connemara. :D

But my first choice would always be Donegal. Way up the northern tip by malin head and fanad head. Knockalla mountain where the rally passes by is STUNNING. Great photo ops. with all the beautiful coastlines, mountains and natural scenery (and great driving too! ..if you're going by car) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Start in Donegal and work your way down to kerry. Most of the west coast is beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭powerfarmer

For photographs south west Kerry is good , Valentia Island, and Skellig Michael are definitely worth a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 irlphily82

Thanks guys, a few nice ideas there for me to think about. Will get my Map out. Keep eye out for some Beautiful photos :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭StarBright01

Go for West Cork, it's beautiful and the options of what to see and do are endless!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

The Kingdom of Kerry definitely. Beautiful townscape in Listowel, fantastic wide open beaches in Banna and Inch. Of course our gorgeous mountains, lakes of Killarney and the National Park at Muckross. South West Kerry already mentioned.

I know I am biased but Kerry is where to go:)

Enjoy your trip wherever you choose.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭MammaZita

South West Donegal by far. Muckross Head, Fintra Beach, Castle Murray, Glencolmcille, Glen Head, Teelin, Bunglas, Sieve League, Malinbeg, Silver Strand Beach... You won't get more beautiful scenery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Id probably do just west cork or south kerry or donegal. Dont try to bite off too much and just skim the surface.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

This thread was first created almost 5-years ago and the op here has not posted on boards.ie in 4years 7months. If anyone would like to start a new thread, feel free to do so.

Thread closed,
    kerry4sam

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement