Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rochestown Park Leisure Center shabby, anyone else agree?

Options
  • 25-08-2009 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone is a member of the Rochestown Park Leisure Center here.

I am absolutly disgusted with the state of the place,

The Jacuzzi is broken
    The Steamroom is broken
    The water jets in the pool are broken
    8 treadmills are broken
    Air Conditioning in the weights room (May have been fixed though) is broken
    Tiles missing in the pool and around the edges which lead to a nice little cut for myself one day.
    and some of the weights machines are bent and out of shape...

I pay a little under €500 per year for membership, NEVER again will i join this place. There is ALWAYS something broken

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭up them Schteps

You should join the maradyke! It's way better!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

You should join the maradyke! It's way better!

€1000 per year is a little above my budget...

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

What about the Maryborough? I'd imagine that's also not very cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Hogzy wrote: »
    €1000 per year is a little above my budget...

sure now much less is Rochestown?
    I was a member there for a few years and I thoght the place was maintained very well but juding by the OP I'm glad I didn't renew. I'd say they are losing money big time, I left when they tried to charge €180 for my 2 year old daughter for the year! It's not as if she decides herself to go to the pool like! So myself and the wife didn't renew.

sure now much less is Rochestown?
    I was a member there for a few years and I thoght the place was maintained very well but juding by the OP I'm glad I didn't renew. I'd say they are losing money big time, I left when they tried to charge €180 for my 2 year old daughter for the year! It's not as if she decides herself to go to the pool like! So myself and the wife didn't renew.

Im paying 480 or something like that just for myself, too young for a family:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

Loads of work has been done on the hotel of late. Perhaps they just didn't get to the Leisure Centre yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭douglasman

Bill-e wrote: »
    What about the Maryborough? I'd imagine that's also not very cheap

Maryborough is 1300 euro a year for full membership to be exact!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭up them Schteps

http://www.rochestownpark.com/leisure-membership.html

€825 for a single Adult for a year. How is €1000 for facilities a million times better out of your reach?

http://www.mardykearena.com/static/membership/index.htm

maradyke isn't €1000 either. Without joining fee, its €640!

And theres loads of parking!

http://www.rochestownpark.com/leisure-membership.html

€825 for a single Adult for a year. How is €1000 for facilities a million times better out of your reach?

http://www.mardykearena.com/static/membership/index.htm

maradyke isn't €1000 either. Without joining fee, its €640!

And theres loads of parking!

Im currently paying 480 and have been for the past few years

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Maryborough is 1300 euro a year for full membership to be exact!

That is nothing short of a scandalous price to be paying for gym membership.:mad::eek: I was a member of Crunch Fitness in Dublin for 2 years, the gym and pool were top notch and I didn't pay more than €570 per year.

Or are Cork gyms in a cozy little cartel which is simply ripping their customers off like there's no tomorrow?:(

No-one should pay €1300 for a gym membership.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

JupiterKid wrote: »

It's a free world and I'm sure no one is forced into paying that kind of money, there are still some numpties out there with more money than brains!

I used to be a member of Rochestown and it was around €750 so OP you seem to be getting a good price there, are you a student or a minor or something?

Student! :D Not anymore though, graduating soon :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gefpof

www.mardykearena.com - new website launched today, very nice. cool virtual tour

Hogzy wrote: »
    Student! :D Not anymore though, graduating soon :(

€500 a year on gym membership when you're a student :eek:
    I know folks working full time that have cancelled there's as things are tight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 gogsy

JupiterKid wrote: »
    That is nothing short of a scandalous price to be paying for gym membership.:mad::eek: I was a member of Crunch Fitness in Dublin for 2 years, the gym and pool were top notch and I didn't pay more than €570 per year.

Or are Cork gyms in a cozy little cartel which is simply ripping their customers off like there's no tomorrow?:(

i'm thinkin of joining them on the corporate rate of 1050
    they only have 650 members and stop at 750 so its never packed, Classes are free, munster rugby train there now, there is a cool key that saves all your work out and tells your trainer what u did so u can't cheat...
    I dunno seems good enough
    €92 p/m

I was paying €69 / month in the Clarion in town, the gym was actually fairly poor and the facilities were not maintained to the standard you would expect in a 4 star hotel, moved to galway for work and joined NRG fitness, only €52 a month and I can use the NRG in Jurys in Western Road too on the same membership. Both class gyms with excellent equipment.

Advertisement