Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyres/Mechanic in Leixlip/Maynooth area

Options
  • 25-08-2009 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

I want to put the back 2 tyres of my car on the front and the front 2 on the back and get them balanced. I know there's a tyre place in Maynooth but anyone know where I could get this done as cheaply as possible? Or how much should I expect to pay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

The guy on the Main St/Mill St in Maynooth put web-bought tyres on my car without batting an eyelid (not everyone would do the same) and didn't charge me a fortune. Give him a call, I doubt it wil be too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Shannonsider

Thanks Redsoxfan, went to them for tyres a few years back and remember they were good and reasonable (Think it might have changed hands since though).

As a matter of interest, how did you come across buying web tyres? Is delievery expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

I bought mine on camskill.co.uk (cheaper then eiretyres) and delivery costs were reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Eccles

Ive always been very happy with Confey Tyres up Captain's Hill,Leixlip beside CONFEY (Not Louisa Bridge)Train Station.Reasonable to cheap ,wont be made wait for ages,friendly,knowledgeable ...Nowhere better really now that I think of it ,whether for cheap and cheerfuls on a runabout or high performance stuff...They sell a few cars too and always have lovely clean stock...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Eccles wrote: »
    Ive always been very happy with Confey Tyres up Captain's Hill,Leixlip beside CONFEY (Not Louisa Bridge)Train Station.Reasonable to cheap ,wont be made wait for ages,friendly,knowledgeable ...Nowhere better really now that I think of it ,whether for cheap and cheerfuls on a runabout or high performance stuff...They sell a few cars too and always have lovely clean stock...

The lads there service cars too, never had a problem with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Eccles

Oh yeah I should have mentioned that they do servicing, even fairly major jobs like clutches as far as I know ...sound lot-father and son business as far as I can tell-...with both 'hands on'...local and been here years-anyway ,highly recommended...(and there ARE a couple of places in the general Celbridge/Maynooth/Leixlip area I WOULD avoid -left waiting ages because you 'just' have a puncture to be repaired and some fella arrives in after you a Merc for four new tyres...comedy prices for jobs like puncture repair /rotating/balancing tyres-job not even started when you arrive at the time they said it would be finished etc -that sorta rubbish.
    Anyway Confey Tyres are GREAT!Consistently 100% work...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Eccles wrote: »
    Oh yeah I should have mentioned that they do servicing, even fairly major jobs like clutches as far as I know ...sound lot-father and son business as far as I can tell-...with both 'hands on'...local and been here years-anyway ,highly recommended...(and there ARE a couple of places in the general Celbridge/Maynooth/Leixlip area I WOULD avoid -left waiting ages because you 'just' have a puncture to be repaired and some fella arrives in after you a Merc for four new tyres...comedy prices for jobs like puncture repair /rotating/balancing tyres-job not even started when you arrive at the time they said it would be finished etc -that sorta rubbish.
    Anyway Confey Tyres are GREAT!Consistently 100% work...
    aw tell us who the bad ones are! even by pm if neccesary :)

I go to confey tyres, happy with the service there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

+1 for confey tyres

Have always gone there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Heads to the scrapyards in Kilcock and gets two wheels with tyres ons thems, is alot cheapers, yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Longback

Just found this discussion about Confey Tyres. Not that impressed myself. Had bought a few sets of Tyres there,and had repair work done also,all ok ish with that. Went up with a puncture last year, turns out rim was damaged they charged me €5 to take off the tyre, that's fine. He said just pop in anytime and we will stick it back on. I got wheel rim repaired elsewhere called back to Confey and they charged me €15 to stick it back on and pump it. Make certain you get a price on labour before any work is done, especially the simple stuff that we all take for granted as being the same price everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 ca3nie

*** ADL AUTOS *** Servicing, Pre-NCT, Diagnostics, Tyres and Most Importantly - Best Value...Ph 087268237 or 0872215855

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 140 ✭✭nizo888

DOn't go to the garage beside LIDL at Intel.
    Got a 'pre NCT test' service there but the car still failed the NCT for about six different things.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 kevward

Have gone to the 1 at Lidl and always found them to be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Karlitto

kevward wrote: »
    Have gone to the 1 at Lidl and always found them to be good.

Ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭heffomike54

Longback wrote: »
    Just found this discussion about Confey Tyres. Not that impressed myself. Had bought a few sets of Tyres there,and had repair work done also,all ok ish with that. Went up with a puncture last year, turns out rim was damaged they charged me €5 to take off the tyre, that's fine. He said just pop in anytime and we will stick it back on. I got wheel rim repaired elsewhere called back to Confey and they charged me €15 to stick it back on and pump it. Make certain you get a price on labour before any work is done, especially the simple stuff that we all take for granted as being the same price everywhere.

I will happily second this! Heading up to collect my 4th car from Confey tyres, a great bunch lads.

Advertisement