Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mass Effect - Pinnacle Station

• 25-08-2009 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭

Just after spotting some more DLC for Mass Effect has been released... Read about this on EG the other day and apparently it offers another 2-3 hours of play...
    Anyone played it yet? Worth picking up for 400 points?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Only if you are a dedicated fan of Mass Effect imo, which I'm a big one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

I might pick it up. I'm guessing you'd need a new save because you can't go back into the world with a cleared save.

You can go back with an existing save, otherwise how would you get a charater to level 60.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I'd really love to give this game another play through and throw in the dlc too. Bring Down the Sky is meant to be very good too from what I hear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Mass Effect is the kind of game that really frustrates me.

The combat mechanic is great and I think the voice acting is decent.

It could have been magnificent if it wasn't a bug ridden mess. Had 18 hours of gameplay and just gave up but have decided to finish her out, played for an hour the other night and had to reload it twice due to 2 horrible bugs. One of the posse died and would not get up even after all the enemies were cleared. She was still talking to me of course. The other time I got stuck in some scenery and couldn't move.

Its really disappointing because the good parts of the game are really enjoyable.

I would not buy any DLC for this game because I don't want to support such a shoddy product.

Would definitely buy a sequel if they actually bother to hire a quality department

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Bring Down The Sky is very good too, it's been so long since I played it though! Downloading Pinnacle Station now, looking forward to playing it.

For those who are so inclined, there are ME avatar clothes available now too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

You can go back with an existing save, otherwise how would you get a charater to level 60.

That's an existing character. I want to go back to the world with all my previous quests complete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

This better not involve just visiting carbon copy clones of the same base on slightly different looking planets.

D-Generate wrote: »
    This better not involve just visiting carbon copy clones of the same base on slightly different looking planets.

Its basically just going to a space station thats a combat training centre. You just kill holograms in VR simulations in 13 different levels with different objectives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Hmm sounds like the VR missions from MGS, which I loved!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I always thought Mass Effect was overrated. The graphics weren't great and the level designs were awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Vegeta wrote: »
    Would definitely buy a sequel if they actually bother to hire a quality department

Bioware have assured us that the the irritating glitches from the first game have been sorted for the sequels. Whether they'll actually do it remains to be seen!

I really enjoyed the setting, equipment and storyline in ME. Saren was a cool villain, the Turians were super cool.

Advertisement