Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We regret to inform you....

• 25-08-2009 2:41pm

After the whole summer waiting for UL to get back to me about my Graduate Diploma I got a letter in the post today informing me that I did not get the fekin course.

Is there anyway I can find out why I didn't get it in case I want to apply again next year? Postgrad admissions office were no help. Course director cannot be contacted. Only hope is to wander around the college hoping you bump into him as he almost never responds to any emails from students.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Maybe the demand for the course was high and your results weren't good enough. I did my degree and Grad Dip in UL, 8 years ago now, and I was offered the Grad Dip in a 'second round' of offers. I had a 2.2 degree, so those with 1.1 and 2.1s were made offers first a bit like the CAO. Especially if the Grad Dip is in something that you don't need your degree for, then everyone is on a pretty level playing field and the easiest way to differentiate between applicants is results. There's probably a high demand for post grads this year seeing as there's no jobs out there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

The graduations are on this week, so it may be difficult to catch people. Keep on trying to contact the course director or email him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Feel your pain OP - I was trying to get into a Masters and got the PFO from them a couple of weeks back. The results reason makes most sense to me - I have a pass degree from UL, though I have a few other bits and pieces since then that I thought would bump me up. Evidently not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Depending on demand there was also talk of some courses being shelved for the year due to funding. Nothing solid though, I think it was just talk, but something may have come of it.

Advertisement