Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Adverts subscriber privileges disappear

Options
  • 25-08-2009 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭

I just got a ban from adverts for "off thread dealing".
    You have received an infraction for off thread dealing in this ad: http://adverts.ie/138910

1) "I have this up on another site and I've turned down €180 and €190.."
    2) "I have just sold them for €230 on the other site.."

I didn't deal off thread, I sent no PMs to anyone in regard to the ad.
    But I did mention that I had the item on a different site and the offering was greater (Of course I missed that part in the rules) :o

I subscribed to boards last week and since the ban today some of my subscriber privileges have disappeared!

1 The stars under my username have gone back to 3 blues instead of 4 reds and
    2 The title under my username went back to "registered user".
    This might sound a bit fickle but I did pay to subscribe and these little bonuses make boards a bit more fun.

I asked Mr Magnolia about it and got this reply
    A ban from Adverts.ie should not have any affect on your subscriber features although access to PM's may now be restricted.

So why has this happened?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Ross

There's an area under your UserCP that lets you select what group you wish to be displayed as, must have reset with the ban. I've set it now.

If it happens again, you'll be able to reset it yourself there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭The_Joker

Thanks Ross icon14.gif

Advertisement