Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheezley vs Sheese

Options
  • 25-08-2009 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭

Do you have a favourite brand? What are the taste differences (i.e. which is better)? And I know they are far from being like real cheese, so no need to go there! Is one cheaper than the other?!?

I think I've been getting these companies confused :)
    I love the Sheese website and it looks like a great company, but I think I've only ever eaten Cheezley. I think Cheezley is the only brand available in Dun Laoghaire... Anyone ever notice which brands are in the health food stores in Dublin City centre? I vaguely remember Sheese being on sale in Evergreen in Galway, but I don't think I ever bought it while staying there :(

Info:
    http://www.redwoodfoods.es/cheezly.php
    http://www.buteisland.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

I tried the Sheese they have in Evergreen when my friend was making Vegan pizza. So horrifying was the experience I haven't tried vegan cheese since! Needless to say we left it off the pizza :)
    If you can positively recommend Cheezley I may consider trying it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

oh... well, it works well in toastly cheese sandwiches. Just don't taste it before any cooking happens :P

Sheese have some recipes on thier page http://www.buteisland.com/a_recipe_page.htm I wanna try making the Sheese scones :) But with Cheezley ;)

And I agree - vegan cheese aint worth it on pizzas. Oh! you'll have to try the Hell vegan pizza next time you are in Dublin :) Mmmm refried beans and avocados.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

Hmmm... I don't actually miss cheese so much so I'm not overly eager to try the alternatives... I find hummous or flavoured tofu to be a good protein replacement in sandwiches and stuff...
    Yeah, I have heard of this Hell establishment and am curious! Was considering heading to Dublin for your meet-up and checking out all the health food shops and stuff to see how better the range is but I'm going to Belfast today (via Dublin!) so that'll be enough travelling for me for one week...

tbh I'd say Galway's range in the healthfood stores equals, if not tops Dublin's range. The only advantage we have is the veggie cafes :) Hope you have a good trip to Belfast! Very pleasant bus journey I found.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

Cheezley is the best of a bad bunch!

• Advertisement

awww! i was hoping i had something to look forward to!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

So does Cheezley work in toasties? I need a replacement for my winter toasties :)

yes :) yum yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Brilliant! :D

I want a toastie now :pac:

Nature Boy was too right. I advise all to go for Cheezley over Sheese, in terms of taste. I tried the Sheese Edam... I couldn't bring myself to finish the pack :(
    And the Cheezley mozzarella is super melting which is way better than Sheese mozzarella.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Northsider09

Sheese is available in Down to Earth on George's St, D2; I was tempted to buy it but and still afraid of that stuff since my horrifying experiences with Cheezly and Tofutti Mozerella slices :eek::eek::eek:

Going to order some Florentino Dairy Free Veggie Parmesan form the UK and see what that's like... Has anyone tried it???

you can get that Parmesan in Tescos in the Free From section these days. It's interesting... but not impressive. There's definately no need to order it online anyhow. You should be able to pick it up.

Thanks again Sweet! You're working overtime pointing me in the right direction :):D:):D

Perhaps I'll have to venture further than my poor excuse for a local Tesco:o

yes indeed! out wandering you must go ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Nunubird

I've had the Cheezley on a lasagne before and it was quite nice. I've recently tried the vegan parmesan from Tesco (can't remember the name). While it's not the same as regular parmesan, it definitely did the trick for me. I had it with vegan pesto over pasta. Yum yum!

Tried the local Tesco but no joy, has anyone seen this in any Tesco lately - have chaufeur will travel :D

the health food stores in town might have it. tesco in dun laoghaire has it, but i'm sure it's far from you! i'm sure we'll all be on the lookout for you. you will get it soon enough :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Nunubird

I got mine recently in Tesco Dundrum. A bit far from you though. It was with the 'free from' range.
    I will keep an eye out in other Tescos.

Thanks people!:)

I'll be in the "big smoke" this weekend so I'll have a proper gander in Tescos etc...

Will let you know if I find any (but I might buy them all because my craving for cheese is getting worse :D)

Advertisement