Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your gaming plan?

• 25-08-2009 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭

I thought this would be better here than in a console specific forum. I'm also sure this has been done before but hey.
    So, what's everybody playing right now? What's everyone planning on playing or picking up or indeed replaying?
    Myself, I'm inches away from beating the final boss in Tales of Vesperia and I've suddenly lost interest due to needing to do some grinding to beat him. So close yet so far I guess.
    Doom. Three of four chapters completed on Ultra Violent. I'll finish this in a couple of days time permitting. I'd really like to get the online achievements but the multiplayer seems a bit weak. If anyone else is in the same boat give me a shout though!
    I'll be picking up Arkhum Asylum. The demo was good fun and that's all I want. Simple as.
    I'm going to clear Dead Space on the hardest difficulty. This is one I might try and get all achievements on, something I've never done.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Only have a 360 going at the moment so its all 360 games

I have just finished Too Human and it prompted me to go back and finish Mass Effect.

Once that's done I'm not quite sure what I'll pick up/finish. Might look through my current collection and see is there anything I should finish. Ohhh Half Life EP1 comes to mind here, I was enjoying that and when I moved house I never got round to finishing it.

I have a terrible habit of buying games, starting them and just giving up because they are sub standard or I lose interest. I should really see them through.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,728 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

See my Backloggery below.

Currently trying to play at least one shin megami tensei game and get through the whole series. Persona 3 is currently dominating all my time. Also playing through a good few NES and SNES games with secret of mana next on my list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Shadow Complex : main game atm, trying to get 100%
    Dead Space : Plan to finally finish this within the week
    Res Evil 5 : Same as Dead Space
    Batman : Plan to pick this up at some stage soon (hopefully second hand!)
    SF4 : Playing this as regularly as possible. Need to get those c.spike EX FADC ultra's down!
    BF1943 : Playing every now again as to eventually get the unlock for 100 rounds played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

leveling in Demon's Souls
    Half way through Terminator: Salvation
    Training in Street Fighter IV

SFIV is definitely eating up the majority of my time. I've been meaning to finish Fallout 3, start Call of Juarez 2 and the new Wolfenstein and try out the, now unlocked, versus campaigns in L4D but every time I sit down at my PC I just start up SFIV. Every other game just feels stale compared to the adrenaline rush of winning matches in SFIV online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Currently:
    Rock Band 2 - making my way slowly through the Challenges
    BF 1943 - playing a few rounds here and there.
    Fat Princess - have played this a lot less than I wanted to. Really want to get into this more.

Looking Forward To:
    Batman Arkham Asylum - After the Eidos review embargo fiasco, I thought I was going to give this game a miss. However, the demo redeemed it in my mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,198 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Trying to finish GTA IV but not finding it much fun at all. Usually just end up getting bored and going on a kill spree instead.

Fallout 3 - Finished the main quest and now working my way through the add ons.

Super Metroid - Had my saves wiped due to a battery dying in the cart but going to resume once I get a pack of new ones in the post. Also have to change batteries in Secret of Mana and Secret of Evermore. Plan on starting Secret of Mana very soon after.

Mario 3 - Playing through 2 player with the girlfriend. She's really does put me to shame at it.

Shooters - Trying to 1 credit Blazing Star, Aero Fighters 2 & Alpha Mission II. Only one I am making any feckin' progress in is Aero Fighters 2!

Metal Slug 1,2, X, 4 - Also trying to 1 credit these. Almost done it on a few occasions. (Especially X). Some bugger always comes out of somewhere towards the end and nails me with a shot :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭jasonbourme.cs

finished prototype got about 32 out of 40 achievement .
    also finished infamous

playin pro evo at the moment and Sf4
    pickin up batman on friday , cant wait !! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Playing Trials HD, Shadow Complex, 'Splosion Man and Guitar Hero Greatest Hits on the Xbox (+Batman on Friday).

Playing Uncharted on PS3.

Playing Locoroco and God of War on PSP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Playing : Team Fortres 2, Battlefield 2, Wolfenstein

Clan/Leagues : Cod4/ Moh:AA

Waiting on : Beatles Rock Band, Batman Arkham Asylum and COD :MW2 which will also take over as my main clan game too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,443 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Im in Blah mode. The void between gaming binges. But its so nice to have grown the collection recently with l4d, oblviion, dow2 and guitar hero pc. These will last me well into next year. Plus TF2 is still playable. And christmas will see World Tour PC released - gonna steal that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

I'm in blah mode too (nice phrase), pigged out on Mass Effect for awhile doing my final run through on Insane difficulty still have a huge back log..

Half Life 2, Ep1 and Ep2
    Far Cry 2
    Hitman: Blood Money
    Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Athena
    Fracture
    And my ever shrinking determination to give Dead Rising another bash, but I just hate the save system.
    Then there's a few more which I'll probably never play.

Then there's Batman on the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Have only bought one game this year, FAR less than what I usually would. Also, am away from home for the summer so haven't even touched a game in about 2.5 months.

When I get going again I plan to;

Finish Fallout 3 and get stuck into some of the DLC

Finish Fable II

Have a look into some XBLA stuff (shadow complex, Monkey Island etc)

Grab Arkham Asylum and maybe Tales of Vesperia

See if I can get the latest Tiger Woods (the one with Wii Motion Plus) when/if it drops in price a little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

I found my copy of Max Payne!!!

Also playing condemned, surprisingly good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Dante

Fallout 3: get full gamerscore and buy the GOTY version when its out for new DLC's.
    Counter Strike 1.6: Get my aim back and join a decent clan.
    Pokémon gold: Find my ****ing game from years ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I will be playing the hell out of Batman come Friday.

Whenever that's done, I'll go back to Mass Effect. I want a third save game ready for the sequel. Got me a ruthless-but-good-guy, a total goody-two-shoes, I'm missing the all-out bastard.

Between that, Mount&Blade and Left 4 Dead, I should be kept going until Assassin's Creed 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

SFIV

ArmA2

SF3:3rd Strike.

and I just ordered SFIV for the PC..

<_<

>_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭Tyranax

Just started Dragon Quest: Hand Of The Heavenly Bride tonight. Looking forward to delving into it more.

Debating about playing Persona 4 again. I finished it, but got the bad ending before, and it really is tedious and frustrating when you have had a rake of powerful summons, and go back to bloody Izanagi and Angel.

On the last mission in GTA III, playing through it again. It's difficult.

Debating also about whether or not to boot up Pro Evolution Soccer 6 and go on an editing binge.

Having seen a Let's Play of Way of The Samurai just a few days ago, considering also whether or not to play Kengo: Legend of The Nine on the 360. Probably will.

Don't think that I'll be buying anything until Fifa 10 and Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. I have more than enough games and a large backlog to keep me going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Taking my time getting through Fallout 3. A long way travelled and a long way yet to go. With Batman coming on Friday I fear Fallout may get put on the back burner for awhile.

HAve a level or 2 left to finish in Condemned 2 as well which got pushed aside when Fallout 3 arrived.

Want to pick up a few more achievements in Bionic Commando Rearmed before putting it aside for good.

On the verge of picking up Shadow Complex and 'Splosion Man but really don't have the time to play them at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Currently playing Mirror's Edge and Scene it BOS (awesome fun!)
    Trying for 100% items and map discovery on Shadow Complex
    Might go back to Bionic Commando and RA3 when I've cleared some of the above...
    Oh yes, and my Peggle addiction is still as strong as ever:o

Can't really afford full price games at the moment, so I'll be holding off on Batman until it drops in price, that's definitely next on my radar though...
    Bought the new DLC for Mass Effect last night as well, so I'll have to get stuck into that soon (and perhaps carry on levelling my character to get some extra achievements)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm playing a lot of Wipeout Fury at the moment on the PS3. And going back to get medals on all tracks in Wipeout HD.

Still playing PES 2009 a good bit and am about 30 hours into Fallout 3. I haven't played Fallout in a while now, I'm waiting on the DLC to arrive on the PS3.

I'm a little bored by my current choice of games and am waiting on some of the big titles to come along this winter.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Currently playing - Twilight Princess, Resi 4, World of Warcraft, Mount and Blade, Baldur's Gate II, Fallout 3, and Valkyria Chronicles.

Looking forward to - Dragon Age: Origins, Champions Online, Old Republic, Modern Warfare II, Assassins Creed II and Uncharted.
    tman wrote: »
    Bought the new DLC for Mass Effect last night as well, so I'll have to get stuck into that soon (and perhaps carry on levelling my character to get some extra achievements)
    Crap, i didnt even realise that there was a 2nd DLC available. Will get it on my next play through, just before Mass Effect 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Liathroidi Dana

Have a fair few games to get through.. but just not in the mood currently for half of em.

-Getting 100% on Shadow Complex
    -Playing Left 4 Dead
    -Playing a Fat Princess every now and then.
    -Making my way through Splosion man, getting fairly hard fairly fast!
    -Wanting to start MGS4... just can't get myself in the mood for it though! Bout half way through the first level and just haven't felt up to playing it. And I'm sure I'll fly through it if I start..
    -Might pick up Batman on Friday too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,470 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Have a fair few games to get through.. but just not in the mood currently for half of em.

-Getting 100% on Shadow Complex
    -Playing Left 4 Dead
    -Playing a Fat Princess every now and then.
    -Making my way through Splosion man, getting fairly hard fairly fast!
    -Wanting to start MGS4... just can't get myself in the mood for it though! Bout half way through the first level and just haven't felt up to playing it. And I'm sure I'll fly through it if I start..
    -Might pick up Batman on Friday too.

Just want to finish Persona 4.

Oblivion is waiting for me to start (played it for an hour, not out of the underground but seems slow enough).

Can't getinto PSP gaming at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Been playing a hell of alot of Arma 2, little bit of America's Army 3 and Call of Juarez - Bound in Blood and GRiD always gets a go every now and again when I feel the need for a rush :D

I played a little of Wolfenstein 2009 the other day and its not that bad, I'll be coming back to that soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭finalfantasist

Working my way through Persona 4 and Final Fantasy 12. I'm planning on doing all the sidequests and at least most of the hunts in FF12. Once I'm finished with those 2, I'm thinking of playing Rogue Galaxy. I played some of it yesterday, seems like a fun game. And I want to play more of Psychonauts too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Quake 64 - N64
    Pro Evolution Soccer 6 - PS2
    Day of Defeat - PC

Kind of getting sick of DoD. Same old thing, no new maps, where's the challenge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Playing through Fallout 3 like a lot of you at the moment. Only picked it up last week but completly addicted, its so bloody Immense. Also playing FNR4 when the wasteland becomes a bit too much, retired a Heavyweight as G.O.A.T on first play through of Legacy Mode, now playing for the achievments and getting another GOAT on a lower weight class.

Also just picked up the New Professor Layton, should keep me scratching my head for the weeks to come (took me just under a year to complete the first one!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Alright pretty much everything I'm playing right now is on hold until I finish Batman. It's excellent. The voice work adds buckets to the experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,470 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Anyone here actually finishd Persona 4?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Still playing Fallout 3 at the moment. I bought Deus Ex GOTY edition from steam and playing that also, forgot how good the game was!!

Also playing some mods online and BF2142

Advertisement